My sweet Grandpa passed away last night. He was diagnosed with alzheimers about a year ago, and things went quickly downhill after that. I am feeling so sad that I was not able to be there to say goodbye, and to be there for my Grandma. I am glad that he didn't have to suffer for very long. I know that things had gotten really hard for both him and Grandma, and 2 months ago he got bad enough that he had to go and live in an alzheimers care facility. It was so hard for him to leave my Grandma and I think he just gave up after that. He missed her so much. I feel so much happiness and peace that he is out of pain and his mind is finally free of his devastating illness. It was funny, every time we went to see him he could always remember Cayden but he would forget that I had Emma and Grace and he would always say, "Amber, I didn't know you had more kids." I feel really bad that I didn't go and see him while I was out in Utah for Becca's wedding. I was so busy helping my mom prepare for the wedding that I didn't even think to go and visit him. I guess I didn't think it would be the last time I would get to see him. Anyway, he was a wonderful Grandpa. I love him so much and I'm so grateful for him in my life. Grandpa, you will be missed!

No comments:
Post a Comment