Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Best Day


Today I turned 28. I am knocking on 30's door. It was such a great day. I woke up to my son painting me a picture downstairs. He had woken up early, came down stairs and gotten out his paints all by himself,to make me a present. He had also typed me the sweetest card ever all by himself on the computer. I can't believe how independent he is getting. Emma went to school and Cayden, Gracie and I made red velvet cake for my birthday, YUM. My visiting teachers stopped by and gave me the cutest neclace ever. Then Chuck came home early and let me take a nap, which was all I wanted for my birthday. After naps we took the kids to my friend Giulia's and she watched the kids so Chuck and I could have a short outing. Chuck took me to RED MANGO. I didn't know they had one here and I have really been missing it in Utah, but he found one the other day and wanted to surprise me with it on my b-day. Then my amazing husband cooked me the best dinner, and we spent the evening playing as a family. After the kids went to bed he gave me a full body massage, it was SO WONDERFUL! I love my amazing husband who always goes out of his way to make things special for me. He is taking me on a special birthday date on Saturday and I am so excited to see what he has planned. I love that even though we don't have a lot of money and couldn't afford to go out to eat or to get a present for me, that he still tries to do things to make me feel loved, and to make the day special for me. I had the best day. Thanks to all my family and friends who called me and sent their love. We miss you all! Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Susan Jo Ollerton Fuller said...

Amberly, you look beautiful and Happy Birthday.