Monday, January 21, 2008

Goodbye Grandpa




We found out today that Chuck's Grandpa passed away this afternoon. We love him so much and we will miss him. We feel so much joy that he is finally with his beloved wife. He has lived such a good life, and we know he has entered into the rest of our Savior. When we told Cayden that Grandpa had died he asked, "is he in heaven with Jesus?" We said "Yes." He looked very thoughtful for a minute and then said, "Mom, when can I die so that I can be with Jesus again." I am so grateful for the gospel, that we know that families will be together forever. I am grateful that we feel no despair, because we know that we will be with Grandpa again. And I am grateful for the faith of my little boy. He put it into such simple words, but it demonstrates how pure our little children are. Goodbye Grandpa, we will miss you

2 comments:

Jamie said...

We are sorry for your loss. We love you guys so much. We are so lucky to have the gospel in our lives and know the truth. Children are such great examples. It shows that you two are amazing parents!

Jamie said...

Amber, your blog looks so cute! Great work! :)