
Yesterday was my hubby's birthday, he turned the big 30! He is a little depressed about being 30 but I think he is more handsome and youthful than ever!! I would have posted yesterday but we were busy boating all day. For his birthday present we got a boat (just for the day!) and went wakeboarding. I could not do anthing in my delicate position, but I got to enjoy the sun and my kids. We had so much fun, and I think he really enjoyed it. He tried a back flip for the first time, and did really good, except he couldn't land it. And Cayden got to start learning to wakeboard and loved it. (pictures to follow) After wakeboarding we took him out to dinner for Greek food, which he has been craving lately, but I don't understand why! Anyway, I want to say Happy Birthday to Chuck by sharing some of my favorite things about him.
1. He is so dang good looking!
2. He is the best daddy ever, our kids adore him and love to spend time with him. He always tries to make it a priority to get one on one time with them. And he is always on the ground wrestling, rolling, or tickling them.
3. He is always looking for ways that he can serve others. Anyone who knows him knows that he will do anything for you, he has such a giving heart.
4. He decided that there is not a lot that he can do to help get this baby here, but what he can do is rub me. so he made it a goal to rub me every night for the rest of my pregnancy. He came up with this on his own, and he is adament about it. He will not let me go to bed until he has given me a massage. He really wants to help relieve some of my discomfort. I think he is so cute for being so faithful and doing it cause he wants to, not because I am forcing him.
5. He loves the outdoors, and being active. I love that we can go boating, hiking, camping, and play sports as a family. He never watches TV or plays video games (thank goodness, because those things drive me crazy.) I love that he would rather be up and doing something active with the family than wasting his time.
6. He makes it a priority to take me to the temple at least twice a month.
7. He is a faithful priesthood holder. I can't even explain what a blessing it is to have a priesthood holder in my home, who can use and excercize his priesthood in our behalf, and who honors and respects the priesthood that he holds.
8. He is always trying to be better. I am grateful that I have a husband who is always striving to improve himself, and who is always trying to be a better husband and father. He has always been wonderful, but the changes and improvements I have seen him make over the past year have made our lives so wonderful. I feel so secure and happy in our marriage and just feel so much gratitude for him everyday.
9. He is a hard worker. He works so hard for our future and to support us. He has had to take on a lot of responsibility in order for me to stay home with the kids. But he has never once said a word about me going to work. He has always been willing to make sacrifices so that I can stay home with our kids, and I am so grateful for the sacrifices he has made.
10. I just want to say that I am so grateful to have a husband who keeps his covenants, is faithful to me, loves and serves me, and who doesn't struggle with any major sins. I have seen the devastating effects of these things in the marriages of some of my close friends. I am so grateful that he is such a good man, and that he desires to do what is right. I guess I can overlook the fact that he doesn't put his shoes away at night, or clean up his crumbs when he makes a sandwich, if that is the biggest thing that bugs me than I am pretty lucky.
11. He has the best smile, he just melts my heart when he gives my the look that is reserved for only me!
12. He is so cute with Emma, he is wrapped around her little finger, and she knows it. She adores her daddy, and he adores her just as much. He is so sweet and tender and gentle with her. I love watching the special bond between them.
13. I also love watching him with Cayden. He loves teaching him boy stuff, and helping him to learn and grow. They are buddies and Cayden loves to spend time with his daddy. I couldn't ask for a better role model for my son.
14. He amazes me with his faith sometimes. His trust in the Lord is astounding. He is always willing to put our lives in the Lord's hands. He doesn't just submit the the Lord's will, but wants what the Lord wants for us, even if it's something difficult. I am so grateful that he always puts the Lord first, and will do anything that is asked of him.
15. When he is home he always helps me, if dishes or cleaning or whatever needs to be done he will always work right beside me until it is all done. He is always looking for ways he can help me.
16. He loves country music, so do I, I'm glad he will listen to it with me.
17. He loves creme brule
18. He loves his family, even though most of them don't really make an effort to have a relationship, he still loves them so much and has such a desire to have healthy, close relationships with them all. He never holds any grudges or restentment for anyone, even when I sometimes think it would be justified, he is just so loving.
19. He loves to have fun and laugh, and is always making me laugh!
20. He still gives me butterfly's. The past year I think we have rediscoverd our love and passion for each other and I still get excited to see him when he comes home. It is never just ordinary to have him walk in the door. I always feel so much joy when I get to spend time with him.
I could list tons more, he really is so wonderful. I know this may sound all gushy to some of you, especially to my sister Amy, who hates it when people just brag about their families on their blogs. But it is his birthday and he does so much for me, he deserves to be bragged about once in a while. I really am so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving, faithful, kind husband. Happy Birthday Baby, I love you so much.



4 comments:
This was so fun to read! I am so jealous of the massage every night! Tell Chuck he needs to have a good chat with JK about pregnant woman!!! haha Hope that you guys are doing well! We love you guys!
I do hate the bragging. But for the record, birthdays are an exception and I put lots of nice stuff about my family who I love on my blog. I just think it's stupid when people act like their lives are perfect all the time. And I do also love your husband and am glad he is thirty even if it makes me feel very old considering I started dating his brother Chuck was 10. My favorite thing about Chuck is that he is one of the kindest people I know. Through and through. He does not have a mean bone in his body. Very few people are like him. See- I can gush with the best of them.
Happy Birthday Chuck! I still remember Amber when you called me after you got engaged. So crazy how time flies. I was just catching up on your blog. You are so cute. What a fun mom you are with your kids. They are lucky to have you. Hope things are going okay for you. It's been forever. And congrats on law school decision. That's great! You should come to San Antonio. Just think about it! :) When you're having those struggling feelings, just remember I'm in the same boat with you. We have another 6 years to go too. Love your guts!
A massage every night? Seriously? Can Chuck please give Trent a call! But I have such easy pregnancies there really wasn't a need, in any case hope all is well! We would love to catch up with you guys one of these days - seems like we just catch each other at bad times. Hope you are feeling good and can't wait to meet your little girl! And Happy B-day to Chuck! I hit the big 3-0 this year and am not looking forward to it. For guys I think they look better as they age, but for women I think age isn't as flattering.
Post a Comment