Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Fun!

I haven't been posting very often lately, but only because we have been so busy having fun! I have been trying to fit in as much activities as I can with the kids before the baby comes, cause I don't think we will get out much for the first couple of months after she gets here.
The kids favorite thing is to make pineapple popsicles and go lay outside in their swimsuits and eat them. Cayden loves running through the sprinklers, but Emma thinks it's to cold, big surprise. She loves to lay in the sun while he runs in them though. We have also been doing the slip and slide and blowing up the bounce house and I will spray water into it while they jump.
Our other favorite activity is having picnics at the park. We pack a lunch and go eat it at the park probly about 3 or 4 times a week. We found the best park that is far away from the street and is fenced in on all sides and there is never anyone there so the kids get it all to themselves, and I don't have to worry about them running in the street or getting taken.
I have been having a hard time keeping up with them when they ride their bikes since I have started waddling instead of running =) so we have started going over to the the church parking lot (which is across the street) and I sit in my lawn chair and watch them while they ride. Cayden loves to take his ramp over and he could literally ride his bike for hours. We go over for at least a half hour almost everyday. It is really good time for them to get some excercize.
They also love going up the canyon and hiking, lately it has been more like short nature hikes instead of real hiking, but they are still happy. I hate being limited by my pregnant body! They love going up the canyon and after our hikes we will throw rocks in the river. I think they could sit and do this for hours and not get bored! They love to see if they can find a rock big enough that will splash them if they throw it in.
I love these two little kids. They really are my little buddies. I love to spend time with them and do fun stuff. I think I have gotten spoiled having no baby for so long. We can just go and do whatever we want and I don't have to worry about nap time or bottles or diapers. We just go and have fun, and they are usually very good for me. I want to fit in as much as I can with them before Gracie comes. I am so excited to have her, I just know it will be an adjustment going back into baby mode, and we won't be able to do as much fun outdoor stuff together as easily. I am so glad that I don't just love my kids, but I really like them to. I like spending time with them and I think they have the coolest personalities.
Here are just a couple of pictures of what we have been doing. Not only have I not posted but I haven't been taking very many pictures either. I need to do better with that.

I had to include this picture. The other day I came down from taking a shower and Cayden had put on their Jesus cartoon and they were cuddling and watching it together. I hurried and grabbed the camera and snapped a picture. Aren't they so sweet. I am so grateful for the times they are sweet and gentle with one another. I think they fight alot less than same gender siblings, but the older Emma gets they definately have started to have their moments with each other. Emma just thinks she is the boss=) Anyway, I am becoming grateful for the tender moments.



3 comments:

Jess said...

I am so glad it is warm enough to run in the sprinklers. I think that was one of my favorite things to do as a kid!

Jamie said...

wow, sound like you guys have been busy! can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!!! : )

Kendra said...

Cute, cute cute!!! I just love those kiddos. They grow up so fast. I adore the picture of them on the couch. Those moments are so special. We miss you guys, Ethan asks all the time if we can go to Cayden's tomorrow, I say no cause it takes two days to drive there, and he says, "Well them let go see him in two days." They miss having their buddies around.