I just found out today that my sweet little Gracie has the Swine flu. This is the latest in a long line of illnesses we have had over the past month. First Emma got strep, then I got sick with the flu, then Cayden got strep. Just as Cayden was recovering from strep Emma got it again and so did I. Then Cayden started acting like he had mono again so I went in to get him tested and it turns out he doesn't have mono, he has CMV, a virus that has all the same symptoms as Mono. I just got his results back today, about an hour after I found out that Grace has H1N1. She had luckily stayed healthy through all of our sicknesses and I was feeling so grateful that she hadn't gotten sick, but about noon yesterday she started to get a fever and respiratory systems, I took her in today and sure enough she had gotten swine flu. I am so worried that we are all going to get it now and it will be another month of sickness. I am so beyond exhausted, I don't think I can take anymore sick kids! Anyway, that is my negative complaining post for the month. I know things aren't really that bad, we have friends and family dealing with Cancer, tumors, autism and other things that are way worse than our little bout with sickness. So I am going to try and change my attitude right now and just be grateful that none of us have anything life threatening or long lasting. But I would appreciate prayers on my little Gracie's behalf, I hate when they are sick when they are this little and they don't understand what is going on. They just look so miserable. She doesn't even have enough strength to suck hard enough to eat, I just feel so bad for her.
4 comments:
I am so sorry about all the sickness...especially about little Gracie. I am so terrified that my baby will get it. It is spreading like wild fire right now. Good luck! I hope she starts feeling better soon and you can get some rest!
Poor Gracie, that is no fun! Did the doctor put all of you guys on the antibiotic to help you from getting it? That is what a lot of people here have done and it has kept them from getting it when someone else in the family does. I hope she gets better! Love you guys!
UGH... I am so sorry. We have spent the month having everyone in our family sick to. I hope your little bug gets feeling better soon. We will pray for her! Poor thing. We kept the family heathly with my last sickness (second time with strep, and the flu) by locking me in my room, I never touched anything out side of my room, Paul even slept on the couch. We carried Lysol and hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE! Washed hands NONSTOP. We were really strict about it all and no one else got the flu or strep. Good Luck!
Man Amber, Im so sorry about Gracie. We will pray for her!! I hate all this...we have had our fair share here at our house too, and it's sooo not fun!! We haven't done cornbellys, gardner village or anything fun because of colds, sore throats and coughs...and plenty of doctor visits just to make sure we were clear of the STINKIN SWINE!!! Hope you all feel better soon!!!
Post a Comment