Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Best of 2010

My cute friend Sara did this on her blog and I thought it was so fun, I just had to copy her.

Our best memories of 2010...

Best Movie...
Chuck- Nothing was memorable
Amber- Harry Potter
Cayden- Tangled
Emma- Narnia
Gracie- Anything Barney or Wiggles

Favorite book I read...
Chuck- All I read was law books! So the Book of Mormon.
Amber- Not my will but thine by Neil A. Maxwell, and Harry Potter with Cayden
Cayden- Harry Potter and the Book of Mormon
Emma- The real Peter Pan and the Book of Mormon
Gracie- My farm animal book

Most exciting even...
Chuck- Graduating w/ my Ph.D.
Amberly- Chucks graduation, and of coarse Hawaii
Cayden- Hawaii
Emma- Hawaii
Gracie- Starting to walk

This year I am most Grateful for...
Chuck- Law school acceptance letters
Amber- Any time I get with Chuck
Cayden- Grandma helped us get a dog
Emma- The temple
Gracie- Cheerios

Best thing we've done in Indiana...
Chuck- Children's Museum in Indy
Amber- Brown County State park in the fall
Cayden- Swimmin at the YMCA and the Wonderlab
Emma- Nature day at the park
Gracie- Wonderlab

My favorite new friend...
Chuck- Dan
Amber- Giulia and Natalie
Cayden- Jonas and Hannah
Emma- Can't choose, I love them all
Gracie- I love to play with Luca

Friend we miss the most...
Chuck- My brother Steve
Amber...Aimee and Kendra and my sisters
Cayden- Ben, Cort, and Brock
Emma- Riley and Avery
Gracie- Gavin

Our best Christmas present...
Chuck- My puzzles from Cayden and Emma (he really loves them, they are those wooden mind game puzzles that you have to figure out, he is always trying to figure them out.)
Amber- Gone with the Wind (I bought it for myself on Amazon)
Cayden- Hogwarts Castle
Emma- Tinkerbelle Stuff
Gracie- My play kitchen, I love to poor all the food out and make a huge mess everyday

Biggest Accomplishment this year...
Chuck- Completing 1st semester of law school and defending my disertation
Amber- Homeschooling Cayden and surviving 1st semester of law school
Cayden- Finishing my Hogwarts castle
Emma- Learning how to serve others
Gracie- Eating with a spoon, without spilling very much on myself

Favorite Hawaii memory...
Chuck-Riding on a sea turtles back
Amber- Zodiac ride up na pali coast, seeing dolphins jump right by us, walks on the beach with my family and snorkeling in the rain with Chuck on our anniversary
Cayden- Jumping off the Pier with Ben and the Zodiac ride
Emma- Swimming in the ocean
Gracie- Eating lots of sand

What we miss most about Utah...
Chuck- The mountains
Amber- My family, late night visits from Aimee and Blue Lemon
Cayden- Ben
Emma- My cousins
Gracie- Grandma and my Aunties spoiling me

Valuable lesson learned this year ...
Chuck- I'm not as smart as I thought I was
Amber- I can do ANYTHING with the Lord's help
Cayden- Reading my scriptures everyday makes me happy
Emma- Jesus can help me go to sleep and not be scared and have faith in his priesthood
Gracie- Crying doesn't get me out of bed at night

How Jesus helped me this year...
Chuck- Understanding Legalese
Amber- Find strength and wisdom
Cayden- To remember to read my scriptures
Emma- He helped me be nice to Cayden
Gracie- To finally sleep through the night, so mommy didn't die.

Favorite Restaurant...
Cayden- Korean restaurant- Cafe Ami
Amber- Panera
Cadyen- Cafe Ami
Emma- Cafe Ami
(Cayden and Emma LOVE Korean food)
Gracie- Fazoli's

Lesson I learned from the scriptures...
Chuck- King Benjamin's instructions on how to always retain a remission of your sins
Amber-The blessings and power that comes to those that follow Christ and submit their will to the fathers. I must become Holy.
Cayden- Nephi teaches to always listen to Heavenly Father
Emma- Jesus will come again
Gracie- I get in trouble if I'm loud during scripture time

What I learned about History...
Chuck- The evolution of the legal system
Amber- Isaach Watts
Cayden- Moroni and how he buried the plates
Emma- Jesus suffered for our sins
Gracie- If mommy didn't let me eat the toothpaste yesterday, or the day before, or the day before, history will most definately repeat itself.

Our favorite food...
Chuck- Sage and cornbread encrusted pork tenderloin
Amber- I have discovered my love for Potatoe Pizza with cream sauce
Cayden- Pizza
Emma- M & M's (I told her this wasn't really a food, just a candy, but she insisted)
Gracie- any soup that mommy makes, especially pasta e. fazoli

We had a great year. Hope this next one is just as great!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Cute Amber! I love all your categories!