Friday, May 25, 2012

Cayden's Baptism

Cayden decided he wanted to wait until we got to Utah to be baptised so that all of his family could be there. He was baptised on May 19. It was such a special day for our family. I am so proud of him and the decision that he has made. Cayden decided about a year ago that he wanted to read the entire Book of Mormon before he was baptised so he could pray about it and know if it was true before he took this big step. I have been so proud of him as he has worked really hard, sometimes reading 3 or 4 pages a day to complete his goal. He finished the Book of Mormon about 3 weeks before his baptism and we were so proud of him. We have spent the last few months of family night and devotionals preparing him for his baptism and for the covenents that he would be making, and for recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost. The night before his baptism we went to dinner as a family and talked about how special the next day would be for him. I got him a journal and I had him write in his journal his thoughts about what the next day would be like. We were so happy that all of our family and good friends could be there to support him on his big day. I only got pictures of those who came early, I'm mad I didn't get any of my sisters with him or any of his cousins. The baptism was beautiful. Emma played I am a Child of God on the Violin and it was so beautiful. I could see him getting misty eyed during all the talks and I could tell he was really feeling the spirit. I just cried when I went in to help him change after the baptism. I was so proud of him. After the confirmation he was grinning from ear to ear and didn't stop for about 5 hours. He really felt the spirit and was so happy. After the baptism we came back to my mom's and had a luncheon with all our friends and family. Then that evening we took Cayden out to dinner with just our family and took him to the park. We sat together and talked about the day and what our favorite parts were and how Cayden felt. WE gave him his own Quad set of Scriptures with his name engraved on it and a new case. It was such a perfect day, and I'm really glad we took time that evening to be together with just our family and talk about what had happened and how Cayden felt. Besides my wedding day and the births of my children this was one of the best days of my life. I was so proud of him and I love him so much.
















1 comment:

Transplanted Italian said...

Congratulations! So good to see you guys happy and with family! It looks like the day was perfect! Good for Cayden for making that great decision.

hugs