
So this is what happens when your kids get ahold of the camera. I came down the other day and Cayden was taking pictures, I took the camera from him and told him to please not get it out without mommy there to help him. I didn't notice all the pictures he had taken until today when I uploaded my pics. He had taken tons of pics of himself and Emma and like 20 of his teddy, his toys, and of coarse his feet. He is so funny. i am feeling so grateful for him lately. He has been such a good boy. For the most part he has grown out of the whinny tantrum phase and he is so helpful and loving. I really cherish the time that we get to spend together. Our favorite thing is to have mommy and Cayden time while Emma is down for her nap. He is always telling me how much he loves me and that I am his favorite friend to play with. Yesterday we had so much fun, we made glow in the dark neclace's, which he loved, but he wont wear it out of the house cause he tells me "mom I don't want anyone to think I'm a girl." Then we practiced his letters. Sometimes it is so hard to keep him focused on learning so I made up the best game that keeps his attention. I write each letter on it's own piece of paper, then I tape the letters all over the house. I give him a nerf dart gun and he has to find and shoot each letter that I say. He loves it and it has really helped him learn his letters better. After that we played football and baseball in the backyard. He is getting so good at hiting the ball when I pitch to him. I wanted to record this day so that I would always remember this special time with him. We had such a great time together. We just laughed and had so much fun. I also love that he is really starting to love the scriptures. Every night when we have scripture study I can really tell he is listening cause he always has a comment about what we are reading. One night we read about the wicked being swallowed up in the earth at the second coming. He was very interested in this and had a million questions about who it would be and what it would be like. Then for a couple of days whenever I asked him not to be naught he would say "Yeah mom, I don't want to be swallowed by the dirt." He makes me laugh everyday. He is always so sweet and full of energy. I really want to remember this time with him. This is his last year before he starts kindergarten, and then I will never have this special time with him each day. It will be the beginning of a new phase in his life and I know I will enjoy it, but it will never be the same. I want to remember him this way, as my little buddy, who is always giving me hugs and helping me and who loves to hear stories about Jesus. I feel so much gratitude for this little boy with his powerful spirit that Heavenly Father has sent me. I feel like he is growing up way to fast and I wish I could stop the clock. Somday he will get married and they will spend way more time with her family cause that is always how it goes. I just hope that while his is still with me that I can teach him what is right and that he will find happiness in his life. Anyway, I have just been thinking a lot lately about him growing up and how big, and smart, and capable he is getting. I love you Cayden bug.



3 comments:
That is so sweet! I love the picture! Ethan always takes pictures of the exact same things when he gets his hands on the camera. I can't tell you how many pictures of his toys and feet I have. And I cherish every one. You are such a good mommy, Cayden's lucky to have you too!
cute post amber. good thinking in writing down your thoughts. i feel like i already forget things about sadie and she's not even 1!
What cute pictures. I have to admit, I usually don't have time to read the blogs carefully but I always look at the pictures and they are so cute.
Post a Comment