Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Cayden!!!


Actually his birthday was yesterday, but with all the fun I didn't have time to post. I just want to say Happy Birthday to my little boy. He turned 5 yesterday, I can't believe how fast the years have flown by. It seems like yesterday that the nurses were laying him in my arms, I thought he was the most beautiful baby that I had ever seen. It has been such a joy to have Cayden in our lives and he has brought so much fun, laughter and energy to our home. Here are my favorite things about Cayden.
1. He is such a sweet big brother. He is so loving and gentle with Emma. He is always giving her kisses and hugs, and telling her how much he loves her. He tells her that he is her prince and that he will always protect her.
2. He is so generous, he never hesitates to share what he has with others. He got a Birthday card from Chuck's grandma yesterday and in it was two dollars, without even thinking about it he took one of his dollars and gave it to Emma and said "Here Emma, now we can both go get a treat." I was so surprised and proud of him that he would think to share with her without any prompting from me. It made him happy for her to go pick a treat with him.
3. He loves his daddy, they love to ride four wheeler's and dirt bikes together. He will do anything to get time with him, and he wants to be just like him someday.
4. He is very loving and sensitive, especially for a boy. He still likes to cuddle me and will always give me big kisses and hugs and say "Mom, I love you so much." I love that he will still be affectionate and loving even though he is getting grown up, most of his friends won't be affectionate with their moms anymore.
5. Every single night in his prayers he prays for Each member in our family specifically. He will ask Jesus to help us with something that has been going on. He will ask that Emma have help going pee pee in the potty, or that she will learn to be obediant. He always knows if I am not feeling well or my back is hurting and will pray for me that I will feel better and that the baby will be healthy. He will pray that daddy has help in lab and sometimes will pray that daddy will make more money =), (don't we all wish for that sometimes.) I think it is so sweet that he always remembers each of us in his prayers and asks for specific things for us. He will also always pray for family members having a hard time, who are sick or need extra help.
6. He has a deep desire to do what is right. He is always asking my what Jesus would want him to do and wants so much to do what makes Jesus happy.
7. He is so fun, I love to spend time with him. He is always cracking jokes and making everyone laugh. He has a ton of energy and he loves to play all kinds of sports, riding his four wheeler, dirt biking, swimming, boating, hiking, riding his bike, anything active. He wants to learn to wakeboard this year. He is fearless and will try anything. I love that he is not scared of things.

These are just a few of my favorite things about Cayden, there are so many more. When he was sick and we thought that he might have cancer, I really started paying attention more closely to who he was, and who his spirit is. I felt such an overwhelming feeling of love for this little boy, I couldn't ever imagine having our family without him. I feel like he is my gift from God, he is just a breath of fresh air, and is so loving, tender, and kind. He is the sweetest boy I know and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent him to me. I don't just love him so much, but I really like him too. I am grateful that I adore him as much as I do, it helps during the times that he isn't such an angel. I love you Cayden.

1 comment:

LauraBro said...

what a sweet boy--he really is turning into such a great kid~ happy b-day cayden (we're sad we missed the party- heard it was great though- jedi training and darth vader to fight!)