Happy Thanksgiving. I have been reflecting the last couple days of how blessed I am. I was feeling a litte bit depressed and run down from getting no sleep for the past 4 months. I have been feeling bad for myself. But at church on Sunday I heard a story about a pioneer mother who came to SLC by handcart. She lost every single one of her 5 children on the treck, but she was still so grateful to make it to the valley and to have the gospel in her life. Then I thought of the people I know who are battling serious disease and illness, one friend who has lost a child, and others still who are struggling in their marriage or getting divorced. I realized that all the things I have to complain about are so small and insugnifigant. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. For my relationship with the Savior, and that in times when I am run down, exhausted, and struggling he is always there to lift and carry me. I am grateful for a husband who loves me and the children, who honors his priesthood, and who has no devastating addictions. He is so good to me, and he works so hard for our family. I am grateful for my children, who are my angels. They teach me so much about what is important in life. They bring sunshine into our lives. Cayden is my litte buddy, I love to spend time just talking to him. He always has the most deep and reflective questions, and he is always laughtin. Emma is so fiery, she reminds me so much of myself. She definately makes me laugh everyday. Grace is so sweet, I just want to eat her up. I love everything about her, she is so innocent and pure, and has the sweetest little spirit ever. I am grateful for a family who is close and is always helping us out. I am grateful to live in a country where I am free, and my children can be anything they want to be. I am grateful we have the opportunity for higher education, not everyone has the resources for this. I am so blessed in my life, and have been given so much, I am truly humbled when I think of all I have been blessed with.
No comments:
Post a Comment