Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Easter

We had such a great Easter this year. The kids and I did our devotionals for the couple weeks before Easter focused on the Savior and his last week of life. It was so wonderful to get to study with them the things that he taught and did the week before he died. Saturday morning the kids woke up and got to find their Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny. Then we made a big Easter breakfast and headed over for our neighborhood Easter hunt.










Saurday night we headed over to our Friends the Rogers for dinner. Me and the kids made these cute little bird nest treats to take with us. I think I am going to make these an easter tradition, they are so cute and the kids loved helping me make them. I'm mad I didn't get any pictures of our Dinner with the Rogers, but the kids had a blast and the food was amazing as it always is when Giulia cooks.

Sunday we got to wear our new Easter clothes. The kids looked so cute in their Easter outfits. Then that evening we had a really wonderful lesson on the Resurection and the Savior. I loved having a low key holiday with just us and the kids. We were able to focus our thoughts on the Savior on Sunday instead of being focused on getting to Grandmas on time and having our entire day taken up with family stuff.







No comments: