I can't believe that Cayden is turning 8 today. It seems like just yesterday that I was holding him in my arms and he was a tiny baby. I remember when they laid him on my chest after I had him, I thought he was the most beautiful baby that I had ever seen. I still think he is the hansomest little boy that I know. I love Cayden so much. He brings so much laughter and joy into our home. He is always telling jokes and making all of us laugh. He finds the funny part of almost every situation. Cayden is such a wonderful brother and is always looking out for his sisters. He is very protective of them, and is always being thoughtful of others feelings. He is so excited to have a new little brother coming. I think he would have been devastated if it was another girl, he is so excited to have a brother to wrestle with and "teach all the boy stuff" to. Cayden has a very strong spirit, I always get the feeling that he is much older and wiser than I am. He decided last year that he wanted to read the entire Book of Mormon on his own before he turned 8 so that he could pray about it and know if it was true before he was baptized. I am so proud of how hard he has worked to accomplish his goal. It wasn't easy for him and he had to read 3-4 pages a day for the past few months to finish in time. When he finished last week I was so proud of him. I can't even describe the joy that comes as a parent when you see your child developing their own testimony and learning to love the Savior and the Scriptures. Cayden loves to build and design things. He wants to be a Robotic engineer someday and design robots. He l0ves Lego's, Bionicle's, and his Erector set. Cayden has started taking piano lessons this year and is doing so great. He loves to write his own songs. I got him a composition notebook so he could start recording them. Cayden is so smart and is especially great at Math and Science. He loves to learn about history and loves to have me read to him. He loves it when I tell him scripture stories and is always asking me questions about things that happened in the scriptures. Cayden loves to wakeboard, ride four wheelers, swim, and play any sport. He loves to be outside and moving. Everyone that meets Cayden loves him. He is so fun and outgoing. I am always amazed at how fast he makes friends. These are some of my favorite things about Cayden, there are so many more wonderful things about him, to many to list here! I hope he knows how proud of him we are and how much he is loved! We can't wait for his baptism next month when we get to Utah. Happy 8th Birthday Buddy!
Star Trio
10 years ago



1 comment:
How was the Baptism? I hope you guys are doing well back in your home State.
Post a Comment