Monday, August 4, 2008

Girls Trip

I just got back from the funnest trip to St. George. I was able to go with a couple of my friends from high school that I have stayed in touch with. It was me, Stephanie, Jessica, Lindsey, Sarah, and Brittany. We left on Thursday morning and I was so dumb I was suppost to drop my kids off at my moms and be home by 9:00 for Steph to pick me up. Well, being the ditz that I am I locked my keys in the car, so my mom had to come down to my house to pick up the kids and we had to wait for the locksmith to come unlock the car so that I could get my purse out of it. Steph and Linds were so nice to wait for my until almost 10:00. Once we got there we went and saw "Mama Mia" I've already seen it and loved it so I was happy to go again. We went out to dinner and hung out all night talking. Me and Sarah were up until almost 3:00 talking, I was so tired the next day. I don't think I've stayed up that late since college, but it was so fun. The next day we went to the spa most of the girls got pedicures, but I got a wax mask and lotion massage for my hands. It was so nice. We swam the rest of the day and then went to "Sound of Music" at the Tuacahn theater that night. It was fabulous, but so hot. It started at 8:30 and it was still almost 100 degrees, with no breeze, we were all dying. But I loved the play, Maria was wonderful. Then the next day we swam and shopped at the outlets and then drove home. I had such a fun time. It was so nice to have a break from being a mom and get to relax. I also had a really good time with the girls, a couple of them I haven't talked to very much since high school and it was so fun to get to know them better. They are all such wonderful women. Thanks girls for a fabulous getaway.

At the Sound of Music, can you tell we are all dripping with sweat!

After our wonderful spa treatments

At the pool

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Lucky! (in Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

What a fun weekend. It is so needed as a Mom to have a break. Thanks for the great company. Had a blast!

McGiven Family.... said...

Thanks for a great weekend! It was so fun to spend time with you and all our friends. I was exhausted but it was so nice to chat til the wee hours of the morning and catch up! We will have to do it again!

Jenny Lynn said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Amy said...

I'm just having dinner on the 29th with a bunch of girls from HS I'm so excited...I can't imagine how much fun a whole weekend was!

Jamie said...

how fun for you! you have such a cute little group of girlfriends! miss you guys tons!