Monday, November 24, 2008

Mommy Dates!

I have been wanting to take my kids on dates by themselves for a while. I finally found a time to do it. So for Emma's date we went to build a bear and she got to pick out and make her bear. She wanted a princess bear and of course it had to be pink. Now she has to sleep with it every night, she loves it so much. She named it Savannah, after her baby cousin. After we were done we went to the Disney store and she was in Heaven looking at all the fun princess toys. We had so much fun, I love the times that we can spend time alone and do girl stuff. She is so sweet and loving, and loves to talk about girl things. She will ask me about makeup and babies and princess'. We have such a great time together. Then later that afternoon my mom took Emma for me and I took Cayden to see Madagascar 2. It was so good, he loved it and was great for the whole movie, which never happens. Then I took him to get Hot Cocoa and a cookie and we sat and talked about School and his friends. I loved getting to spend one on one time with them, doing something they really wanted to do. I am so grateful for my kids. Not only do I love them so much, but I really like them. They have the coolest personalities and I always enjoy being with them.


1 comment:

Amy said...

You are such a great Mom and you look fabuloso skinny minny. Tell Emma that the bear she picked is just like the Katie-Jessica bear that the girls made for Mike as a surprise before he left for Afghanistan. They picked out a glitter Tshirt that says Cutie and a hot pink mini skirt and bows. It sits on his bed and he sleeps with it every night. I think dates with your individual kids is awesome. I had Katie alone all day Friday and Jess was with my mom and dad all day and it was amazing how much I learned about Katie. I'm going to follow your example and do this too.