Monday, January 26, 2009

Christmas Update. Finally!!!

I finally am finding time to do our Christmas update. We had the best Christmas, we really simplified this year and tried to focus on the spirit of giving. Instead of just what we wanted from Santa. The kids got 1 present from mom and dad, and 1 present from Santa, but my parents spoiled them so they really don't need any more than that. they made their presents for each other (really mom made them, with a little bit of help) and they made their presents for us. Cayden helped me make Emma a purse and Emma wanted to make Cayden a superman cape. The kids made a super dad Cape for Daddy and beautiful bead neclaces for Mommy. We had such a great time and I was so happy that my kids were so excited about what they were doing for everyone else and didn't seem to be too concerend about what they were getting.

Cookies for Santa

Our Christmas Jammies, I was so glad I found boy and girl matching ones. Aren't they so cute.

Cute little Emma, modeling her jammies

This picture is priceless, this was Cayden's face when he came down the stairs on Christmas moring. He was so excited to see all the presents.

Cayden and his presents

Emma's presents

Cayden opening his robotic robot. It was a $65 robot and I found it on Amazon for $15 on a 10 minute sale. YEY!

Emma's cradle. I found this old cradle in my mom's basement and she let me have it. I repainted it and sewed bedding for it that matches Emma's bedding in her room. I also sewed some doll clothes from remnant material, and found a $60 doll on Amazon for $10. The whole present cost like $20, and it was the best thing she could have gotten, she was so thrilled with it.

The day after Christmas we went to California to visit Chuck's parents. I had a feeling we shouldn't go and Chuck would not listen to me. Half way there Cayden got really sick and was having terrible pain in his abdomen. He was sick the whole trip and we spent 1 of the 3 days in the urgent care because the pain in his stomach got so bad. It was fun to see Chuck's parents but it was a really hard trip for Cayden.

Grandma made art smocks for the kids for Chrismas and gave them a bunch of art supplies. The kids loved it.


While we were in California we went to see Amy and the girls, the kids had a blast together.

Me and my favorite Chicka. Don't judge me, it was like 11:00 at night.

We stopped at a lookout over Tahoe on the way home. It was so beautiful with all the snow

No comments: