Thursday, January 29, 2009

Need Advice!!

My kids are going to have to share a room when the baby comes, so I am reduing Cayden's room for him and Emma. Plus when we move for Chuck's post doc, we will for sure be in a 2 bedroom apartment, cause of how expensive the cities we are looking at are, so they will all 3 be sharing for the 2 years of his post doc. Lucky the baby will be 8-9 months by then and sleeping through the night. Anyway, I want to do a cute room for them that is cute for boys and girls. I am so lucky that Cayden has a bunk bed with a full on bottom and a twin on top, so all 3 will be able to fit in one bed. Anyway, I have had a couple of ideas and I want people's opinion. The first is to buy these quilts from pottery barn teen. One is pink and the other is blue but they are the same, and I love the polka dots, I would also get the polka dot sheets. Then I would have them have just white walls with random pink and blue polka dots painted around the room, this is good too cause in an apartment we couldn't paint but I could get vinyl polka dots to put around the room. I wouldn't do a lot, just a couple placed randomly.



My other idea is to do brown and pink and brown and blue. I found the cutest quilts at the quilt shop that are pale pink and pale blue with brown stitching accross them. The blue is more masculine stitching and the pink is a more girly stitch. tHen I would do brown sheets with white polka dots, and a brown throw at the bottom of their beds.

I really like the pottery barn ones cause they are bright and colorful and really kiddy. But I also love brown with pink and blue, it's more classy, but not as colorful. Anyway, Please give me your opinion, let me know what you think, and if you have any other ideas that would be good please let me know! Emma insists that she wants pink and Cayden wants blue, so that really limits my choices. Thanks guys.

5 comments:

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Love the pottery barn...but honestly I think I like the other idea best! The brown is more boyish:) Whatever you do will be darling...your rooms are always so cute!

Amy said...

I like the bright BUT I worry about having so much white on kids comforters. It gets dirty so fast. If the comforters are machine washable I would do the bright ones from Pottery Barn. I am getting ready to move the girls to big beds and move their room over the larger room in our house. I am planning on doing bright because it makes me happy and nothing else in my house is decorated bright. I think when you are a kid you can have super bright colors and it makes me smile. I think the other would be boring. They have the rest of their lives to be classy and more grown up.

Katie & James Shannon said...

I don't really have much help here, but I just wanted to let you know that i did vinyl polka dots in my Madyson's room and I love them, you can get way cheap vinyl by the yard at a place in salt lake called Regional Supply Inc it is cheap and great quality. But I love browns and pink and brown and blue, I think it might be a little more boyish for Cayden but still girly enough for emma. The blue and green from pottery barn could look a little girls. But either way I am sure it will look cute. You will have to post pictures when you get it all said and done.

McGiven Family.... said...

I have seen your decorating and know how talented you are. I am sure whatever you do will be darling. I love brown...actually I am quite obsessed with it right now...so I think that would be adorable but I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Jess said...

I saw a kids room once, boy and a girl, and they just each had their own thing... example would be Ballerina in one half of the room and Basketball on the other. The boys side was painted Red and blue and the girls was pink. It was like two rooms in one, and I thought it was cute. I really like the Brown idea out of the two.