We are so excited for Chuck to be graduating with his PhD in December! YEY! It has been six years that he has been in graduate school and we are so excited for him to be done, so what has he decided to do? Go to law school of course! When we first started talking about it I thought he was crazy for wanting to go to more graduate school, I mean, enough is enough. I keep reminding him he's lucky I stayed with him through one round of grad school, let alone two! =) But the more we have thought, prayed and fasted about it we feel really good about doing it. We definately would not have come up with this one on our own, and I am grateful that my husband was open to the promptings of the spirit even though it will be really challenging for him. Anyway, he will graduate with his PhD in December and then we will start law school in the fall of 2010, he is thinking he will do the JD/MBA program so that he will have an MBA too. He is studying for the LSAT, and will be taking it in June. Because of his awesome undergrad and graduate GPA and the fact that he has a PHD, if he can just score well on the LSAT he should be able to get into a really good school. Anyways, I am excited to start a new chapter of our lives, and that he is so excited to do this. I am trying to gear myself up to be in school for 3-4 more years, hopefully my sanity and our marriage will survive! Really I am totally supportive of him and I feel really good about it, although most the people in our families think we are crazy. I guess life wasn't supposed to be easy! So it's law school or Bust!!!
4 comments:
I know the feeling. I feel like we have been in school FOREVER, and it hasn't even been as long as you! We still get to go to Grad School too! oh joy!
i think it is great amber! i feel bad i never called you back when you called asking about austin. i really don't know much about the city because i've only been there once and it is 4 hours away. but my best friend lives there and her hubby is in the UT law program. if you are interested she is willing to talk to you. let me know!
Good luck guys. Chuck my brother Chad is graduating from McGeorge in a few days. You should talk to him about Law School. Well what ever you do, I wish you and your family lots of luck and especially with the new baby coming. I can't imagine my husband doing so much school and I only have one baby. Amberly you are amazing.
Hey Amber, Chuck has no idea how lucky he is that you are willing to let him do that. Good luck. I spent most of my life with my husband in school- it is worth it now. Love ya
Post a Comment