We had a very low key Halloween this year, but we had a lot of fun. I have been so busy that I didn't make soup or carve pumpkins or do any of the normal things that we usually do at Halloween. I think all the kids cared about is that they got to dress up. Friday night we went to the party at the law school that Chuck was in charge of. We had a lot of fun trick or treating at all the professors offices. Then Saturday we had a trunk or treat at the church. Our neighborhood has quite a few LDS and Christian families who didn't want to trick or treat on Sunday so they sent a newsletter around the whole complex saying if you wanted to hand out candy on Saturday to leave your porch light on. So we got to go trick or treating a little bit after the ward party. Sunday we didn't even acknowledge it was halloween. I don't think the kids even realized that they missed the real trick or treating. I didn't want the kids to have all their candy (after Cayden was up all night throwing up from all the candy he ate,) so I instituted the candy goblin. The candy goblin will come to your house and take all your candy and leave you a toy if you leave your candy out on the kitchen table for him. Cayden was immediately up for it, but Emma cried and cried that she didn't want anyone to take her candy away. So Cayden got a toy and I let Emma keep her candy, but as soon as Emma saw Cayden's toy she decided she wanted the candy goblin to come for her too so she gave her candy away the next night.
My cute kids. Cayden was so excited to be a ninja. Emma is really into wedding's and brides since Becca got married and Steve and Vanessa are getting married this month. And Gracie is my cute ladybug.

Gracie's face looks so much like Cayden in this picture, Cayden always makes this face when he's trying to look cool.

Fire ninja. Cayden is obsessed with the old Karate kid movie's right now and is begging me to take Ninja lessons.

My beautiful bride.

I finally got her to put on her antenna, but she would only wear them for about 1 minute.


Chuck and I were Zorro and a spanish seniorita. He is such a hansome Zorro.

I didn't realize until I saw this picture that we all matched!

Cayden with his best buddie from Church, Jonas. Jonas is also on Cayden's basketball team and they love each other.

Emma and her little buddies from church. Sarah, Rachael, Emma, Emma, and Reese.

Trunk or treating with the Rogers. Emma, Luca, Elena, Hannah, Samual, and Grace

Grace was in heaven with all her suckers and candy. She loved it!!!

The girls sat with their candy and watched...

As Zorro, a fire ninja and Indiana Jones fought. who do you think would really win in a fight. My money is on Zorro.

Our cute friends the Christensen's. He was Mr. T (he actually shaved his head for this) and she was a deviled egg (she's pregnant.) Eli and Sharron were peter pan and wendy.
1 comment:
Small World!!!! Joy Williams must be in your ward...it was funny seeing Sarah and Rachel!
Post a Comment