Ok I totally took this post off my blog because I felt like people would think I was trying to preach to them or something. But my friend Kara came to me today and told me she thought what I was doing was really great, and that so many women struggle with the same thing, and that she thought I was brave. It made me think, I shouldn't care what people think, even If I can help only one person. Anyway, thank you Kara for helping me get the courage to do what I started out to do. You're the best. So I have started a new blog. Those of you who know me well, know what I have struggled with the past few years. I really struggled with being overweight, with my perception of myself and my self worth. The worst thing for me was having to go see friends I had before I gained weight. I always felt they were judging me and thinking "Look how fat Amber has gotten" This has been a long journey of sanctification for me. In my blog I want to share my experiances and what I have learned. I also want to post daily stories and inspiration for LDS women to hopefully inspire them to find the beauty within themselves. This is what has been so hard for me to do. I feel this is not a physical journay but a spiritual one. I mostly want to do this for my daughter, so she doesn't struggle with the same things that I have. When I am done I will have it made into a book for Emma. I hope in the meantime I can help women who have also struggled with their self worth and self perception, and that others can be inspired to understand the power and influence they have as daughters of God. The blog address is
http://www.ldsdaughtersofgod.blogspot.com/. Please comment even if you do it anonymously I would love to hear other womens challenges, struggles, and insight into this touchy subject. I don't just want to post about my story but would love to share others experiances and things they have learned as well. So If you have an experiance you feel comfortable with me sharing please let me know.
4 comments:
I think this is a great idea and is sure to be inspiring to many! :)
I loved reading your other blog. it gave me an insight of what we all go through and what you have been through. Thanks amber...you are such a great person and friend. love ya
Amber I think this is wonderful! I am excited to read it! Also, by the way, you looked great when we saw you! :)
I think it's amazing what you are doing! I loved your comment about how this is not a physical journey but rather a spiritual one...that one line put things into perspective for me. thanks!
Post a Comment