Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tell me a Story of Jesus!


I came upstairs last night and Chuck was asking Emma what kind of story she wanted tonight. He was expecting her to ask for a princess story, but she said she wanted a Jesus story. It was the cutest thing. Emma's favorite thing is to finish your sentences if she knows a story or a song. This is how the story went.
Dad- Once upon a time Jesus was on a
Emma- Boat
Dad- with his
Emma- Friends
Dad- and Jesus was very
Emma- Sleepy
Dad- So he decided to take a
Emma- Nap
Dad- While Jesus was sleeping it started to
Emma- Rain
Dad- and then there was
Emma- Wind
Dad- And
Emma- Big Waves
Dad- Jesus' friends were really
Emma- Scared
Dad- They didn't want to drown and the storm was getting worse and worse. So they woke up
Emma- Jesus
Dad- They said "Master, carest thou not if we"
Emma- Perish (Cayden cut in to tell us that perish means die)
Dad- So Jesus stood up and said
Emma (With her arms raised up high) Peace, Be Still
Dad- And the rain
Emma- stopped
Dad- and the wind
Emma- stopped
Dad- and the waves
Emma- stopped
Dad- and everyone was
Emma- Happy
I think it is so cute that she knows some of these stories, her favorite thing in Church is for Daddy to tell her Jesus stories. Just listening to them last night made my heart so full of Joy and Happiness. I love that little children are drawn to things of the spirit. They love the learn about Jesus and about the prophets in the scriptures. Their little spirits crave those feelings of the spirit.

4 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

Wow that is impressive! She is so cute! You are such a great mom and she is such a cute girl!

Amy said...

That is about the cutest thing ever. Cayden jumped in to make sure we knew what perish means. He's such a guy. I love you Emma. I'm glad you want to learn about Jesus and I'm glad you love Him so much. xoxox

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

How cute amber...your kids are so sweet! Im glad they all got along yesterday so well:) See ya Saturday!

Beth said...

So sweet. Thanks for having us over!