Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A princess now.


So a couple of nights ago I was singing Emma a song before bed. She loves the hush little baby song. The end of the song goes "You'll still be the cutest little baby in town." After I finished this is how our conversation went.
Emma- "I am not the cutest little baby in town, I not a cute little baby."
Mom- "Ok, are you the cutest little big girl in town."
Emma- "NO mom, I am a princess."
(She has a book called "Princess Baby" so I asked)
Mom- "Oh, are you princess baby."
Emma- "NO, I not a baby"
Mom- "OK, I will call you princess Emma."
Emma- "NO mom, I am beautiful Princess Emma"
Mom- "Well Ok then."

Last night we were at my moms and Rachael kept saying you are so cute Emma, and Emma would get this mad look on her face and Say "I don't like that." It wasn't until Rachael would call her beautiful that she would be happy. I honestly don't konw where she learned all this. I have not raised her to be this way she just came out like this. She is so funny about this whole princess thing. It's funny because she doesn't just say things like this, she really thinks she is the boss of all of us. She bosses Cayden around all day and does not like it when I tell her what to do. She is so fiesty and independant, and I love her for it. My mom says she is just like me when I was a toddler. I guess I am in for a long road with this one. Maybe cause she is just like me I will be able to relate to her better, but I feel a lot more empathy for what my mom went through with me.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oh sweet emma :) she is such a little character; i love it! great story...miss you guys!