Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School!


Cayden and Riley are in the same class, it is so nice to be able to carpool to class

My little man started preschool yesterday. I have mixed feelings about this. I will love getting some time alone with Emma a few times a week, and I am excited for him to be making new friends and learning again. I am also sad, I think it was my sister Amy who made me realize that this is the begininning of the end. He started school last year and I didn't feel this way at all, but this year I feel a little bit of heart ache that he is leaving. I am realizing that this is the start of him being away. Soon He will be with others more than he is with me, his teacher's and friends will spend more time with him than I do. He will never just be home all day with me anymore. I know that most moms look forward to the day when their little ones go to school and they will have time for themselves again, and I am looking forward to that, but it is bittersweet. He is growing so fast and getting so smart and kind and funny. It wont be very much longer that he likes me just because I'm his mommmy, and that he want's to be with me all the time. I will have to earn his love and affections. I hope I am the kind of mom that he will still like to play with and spend time with, even as he grows up. I am so proud of him though and I know he will do great this year. Emma is really excited to have mommy and Emma time every other day, she has never really gotten consistent time alone with me, so this will be so good for her. Yesterday we played with her babies and put her babies in the baby stroller and took them for a walk, she pushed them the whole time. She is so motherly and sweet. Anyway, Cayden started school and we are so excited for this next year, I know he will grow and learn so much

No comments: