Friday, September 12, 2008

A little Late

This is a couple weeks late, but oh well. On Labor day weekend we went to the Lake with Chuck's aunt and uncle. Aunt Genie and I have always clicked, I feel like we are kindred spirits, even though we are years apart in age. We can always talk about anything, she is so wonderful. The boat was having hard time so we took the kids to the beach and floated in the raft. The kids were so happy to just be in the water. Genie loved watching the kids play. Genie was recently diagnosed with Lung Cancer, there is really not much they can do for her, and she was given 6 months to a year left. This was a rare day for her that she was feeling well enough to go out. I was so grateful for the chance that I had to talk with her. She is such an example of strength and hope. She has been through so much with her health and this has been just the icing on the cake for her. Through it all she has never lost faith. She has so much trust in our Savior and even though it is so hard to think of leaving this life she feels so much peace. I am grateful for her example in my life, I hope if I am ever faced with such a trying circumstance that I will handle it with as much faith and grace that she has. I know that her life is in the Lord's hands and I am grateful that we know that whatever happens is will be God's will. This has really made me think of how grateful I am for the atonement and the this gospel. How blessed I feel that we have a knowledge of life after death. That we know that death in not the end for us, we will see those that we love again. It is so comforting to have this knowledge.


2 comments:

Jess said...

I have never been there before! I know, hard to believe cause it looks like so much fun. I love the pic's of your kids by the way. Did you use photoshop or do you have a cool camera to do all those tricks? They look great!

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

LOVE the pictures of your kids. Where did you go to take them? Could have sworn you hired someone!