OK, so apparently a few of my neighbors read my blog when I was talking about Cayden being naughty with his friends and they felt bad, and thought I was singling out their kids. I just want to say I'm sorry if anyone felt bad, I really wasn't frustrated with anyone elses kid but my own. I love all the kids in the neighborhood, and I want Cayden to be friends with and get to play with them. My frustration was completely with Cayden. I in no way blame anyone else or their kids for my childs behavior. I understand that they are four and they are going to do naughty things, this does not make them bad kids. I just want to teach Cayden to make good choices when he is with them. It is not any one child in particular but any time he is with any friend he seems to be more naughty than when he is at home playing with us. I understand that this is normal, we just had a couple of big things happen within a short time period, so I was feeling frustrated. Anyway, I would never intentially hurt someones feelings, and I am sorry to those who felt that I was singling out them or their child. I love my neighbors and I am so grateful for the frienship and service that they are always giving to us. I feel that the Lord has really blessed us to have friends all around us that have kids the same age as Cayden and Emma, and I really enjoy spending time together. I still feel that I want Cayden and Emma to be home more than they are out playing. I want being together learning and playing to be what occupies most of their time, but that is not because I don't want them playing with their friends. I just want Cayden and Emma to be each others best friends, and for them to love being home. We will move a few times before Chuck will get the job he will keep, and I don't want them to be devastated every time we move. I hope that as long as we have each other we will all be OK. Anyway, I really am sorry to have hurt anyones feelings. I hope that we can all try to give each other the benefit of the doubt, and realize that sometimes people are just struggling. I would be willing to guess that most of the time all of us are struggling with something. Maybe instead of judging each other we can try to love and understand one another better. I know I am guilty of that often. Isn't it funny how as women we want eveyone to understand when we are struggling, but we are so quick to get offended or judge others when they are having a hard time. It's like Pres. Hinckley would always say "Forget yourself, and go to work." I can do a much better job at forgeting my own troubles and focus on serving others. That is what makes me feel better anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment