We could really use everyone's prayers today. A couple of months ago Cayden started getting really enlarged lymph nodes. Because of some other sypmtoms as well they thought that he might have Leukemia. We had all of his blood levels checked in October and everything besides him Lymphocite levels appeared to be fine, but they told me that if the lymph nodes did not go down by the first of the year to come back. Well, since October he has kept getting sicker and sicker. He wont eat very much, he is always exhausted and will sleep like 4-5 hours a day and then sleep all night. He keeps getting random fevers with no other symptoms, and seems to be getting sick all the time. Plus the lymph nodes have tripled in size in the past month. Last time we were at the docters he noticed that Cayden's lymph nodes were getting bigger, and he also had a sinus infection, so they put him on Augmenten. The docter said that Augmenten was the strongest antibiotic they have and it should clear up whatever is going on in his lymph nodes. Anyway, long story short, he is not getting better, and the lymph nodes keep getting bigger. We went to the docter today and he thinks that maybe the first time they took blood, that everything wasn't developed enough to show up on his blood tests. He is really concerned that Cayden has either Leukemia or Lymphoma. I kept saying that I thought he had mono, but the docter didn't seem to agree because of the symptoms he is having and how much he has declined in the past couple months. I feel really calm, but the docter was a little too concerned for me not to worry a little. We got Cayden's blood test's today and we should hear back by tommorrow about what is going on. They are also going to biopsy his lymph nodes, so we will have that done in the next couple weeks. If the cancer tests come back negative then there are some other serious infections it could be. Anyway, I feel surprisingly calm, maybe because when we went through this in October I fell apart at first, and then was finally able to turn it over to the Lord. I know that Cayden is in the Lord's hands. And I know that our Heavenly Father loves us, and that no matter what happens, it is his will. So anyway, I feel a lot of peace, but would really appreciate everyone's prayers on Cayden's behalf. Thanks for all the support and love we have gotten so far. I will post an update as soon as we know what is going on. Hopefully it is just mono and he will just be tired for a little while longer.=)
12 comments:
yikes! I will keep you guys in our prayers. I hope everything turns out okay!:)
We love you guys and are always willing to do whatever we can.. You'll be included in our prayers. Have you put Cayden's name on the temple's prayer roll yet? I can call Winter's Quarters and some others around here. Keep us updated!
Oh honey... I am anxious to hear how it all goes. Your family will be in our prayers.
I had no idea Amber...I hope everything goes ok. I was very touched by this post because I think Health is something we all take for granted and it seems you have had your fair share of health concerns! You are an amazing person and we will definitely keep Cayden in our prayers. I will tell Hallie too because the faith of a little child can be unstoppable! We love you guys-it was fun seeing you yesterday at lunch. Hope all goes ok...anxious to hear the update.
Love you Cayden bud. We are praying for you...all of us. You are one tough dude and we know you are brave and you'll help your Mom be brave too.
Wow, our prayers are definitely with Caden and your family, keep us updated we will be thinking of you. You guys are strong though so no matter how big or how small it ends up being, you will pull through graceful and strong!
Hi amber, I dont know if you remember me but I lived in your neighborhood when we were younger and Im friends with laura. I just came across your blog and I wanted to say Im so sorry for whats going on! I have a 4 year old boy too and so it hit home for me to read your post. A mothers intuition is usually right so go with it! Mono has all the same symptoms so that could be what it is. Good luck, I hope for the best for you and cayden!
-Lexi (Arnold) Gonzalez
Hang in there friends. We are thinking about you and praying for you.
We will keep your little Cayden in our prayers Amber... SO sorry you guys are going through a hard time. Love ya
Your in our prayers.
Amber and Chuck, for sure we will pray for Cayden. I just hope you know that we love you and please keep us in touch. Im glad to hear that you are calm, i will pray for all of your family. Know that i love ya Amber. Lis
you guys are in our thoughts and prayers, as always. love you.
Post a Comment