Emma had her first dance concert on Saturday. I was so excited, and so was she. She go to wear makeup, and her beautiful costume. She was practicing her dance for weeks. Then the day of the performance comes and what happens... She stood still the first half of the dance with a very upset look on her face, then the second half of the dance she sat down on the floor and started tying her ballet shoe. Her class finished the dance and walked off stage, and Emma was still sitting in the middle of the stage tying her shoe. We were laughing so hard. I was a little disapointed, but oh well. She came up to me after and said, "mom, I did such a good job, I am the best dancer in my class huh?" I don't think she realized that she didn't do what she was supposed to do. Maybe I didn't prepare her well enough. Anyway, she told me later what happened. Her shoe had come untied and she asked her teacher to tie it, but it was time for them to go on stage so her teacher pushed her out on stage and Emma was really mad cause she thought she couldn't dance without her shoe tied. She sat there mad the whole dance, and finally decided to tie it herself so she could dance. She is so funny, such a perfectionist, who do you think she get's that from. Well, maybe at her spring recital we will actually get to see her dance.
Emma before her concert, she kept doing the funniest poses.

After the concert, she was so excited to get her own roses from her daddy.

Emma and Daddy

Our family

Emma and Cayden, he wouldn't take that dumb candy cane out of his mouth.

Quin, Becca, Mom, Emma, Chuck and Gracie

Becca and her boyfriend Quin. Emma loves Quin and really wanted him to come, it was nice of him to come with Becca. We love Quin and we really hope he and Becca get married.
1 comment:
what a pretty little dancer emma is! and what a cute couple becca and quin make!
Post a Comment