Wednesday, December 23, 2009

President Uchdorf and Elder Oaks!

Chuck and I had the opportunity to attend a Michael Ballam Christmas benefit concert that Michael was doing for Cayden's school, American Heritage. Rachael is in the madrigal choir and was performing as well so my mom got all of us tickets. So there we are sitting around waiting for the performance to start and who walks in... President Uchdorf and his wife, and Elder Oaks and his wife. Within 5 seconds of them walking in a hush fell over the entire audiance and everyone stood. It was amazing the spirit that they carried with them, you could literally feel it when they walked in the room. They waved to everyone and then seemed to really enjoy the concert. They were only a few rows in front of us. It was really cool. The concert was fabulous, the spirit was so strong. I am so grateful that we have had opportunities like these while living in Utah, and that Cayden has had the opportunity to go to such a wonderful school. The spirit is so strong at American Heritage and I am constantly impressed by what they are teaching the children. It is things like this I will really miss when we move next year.

No comments: