Friday, September 3, 2010

1500 miles

On our drive out to Indiana we saw an awful lot of this...

And even more of this...(corn fields)

Driving through the Midwest is super flat and just a lot of farm land to look at. We did see a really pretty rainbow though.

When it really started to get pretty was when we got to the Mississippi. This was the first river boat I had ever seen.

The Mississippi river was AMAZING. I was blown away by how beautiful and how HUGE it was.

We stopped in Nauvoo on our way out here and spent a day seeing the sights.

Here are the kids at the temple

The temple was so beautiful, and the spirit was so strong there!


I loved the statue of Joseph and Hyrum that they had in front of the temple!




Carthage jail was amazing as well. I was surprised at how strong the spirit was there. Even Cayden was getting choked up as we walked through the jail and sat in the room where Joseph was murdered.


This was the cell room. this is the room where they stayed for one night before the martyrdom.

This was the room that Joseph was shot in, and the window that he fell out of.

The front of the jail.

The second story window above us is the one that Joseph fell out of.

This is the mansion house, where Joseph and Emma lived.

Chuck and the kids at the gravesight of Joseph, Emma, Hyrum, Joseph Sr, and Lucy. Nauvoo was amazing. It was so cool to see the temple and some of the places that they lived. I loved going to Carthage and sharing in the spirit that was there. I am so grateful that we took the time to go there and to share that with the kids.

We finally reached Indiana on our third day of driving.

No comments: