Thursday, September 16, 2010

Silly Emma

This morning for devotional I was reteaching the kids about the restoration, and how Joseph Smith restored the gospel. I was describing what the earth was like before the gospel was restored. I was telling them. "There were many people who were trying to do what was right and wanted to follow Jesus, but they didn't know the right things to do. The people didn't have the important things that they needed to learn how to come back to Heavenly Father." Emma then raised her hand and asked me "Mom, did they have stores back then?" Thinking she was getting off subject I replied, "Yes Emma, they had stores back then, but we need to try and stay focused on what were learning about OK." She then told me "Well mom, why didn't they just go to the store." Confused I asked "What do you mean honey." She then replied "Mom, you said they didn't have the things that they needed, why didn't they just go to the store and get it?"

If only it was that easy!

No comments: