We had the most amazing experience in Bloomington. I have never been more sure of anything (except of marrying Chuck) that we are supposed to go to school there. We are so excited. We found the best place to live where there are 10 or 11 families that are members of the church, who are all attending graduate school as well. There are 5 kids Cayden's age, 4 Emma's age, and like 7 babies within a couple months of Gracie. All in our little neighborhood. We had a few frustrated moments when we couldn't find anywhere to live and we had looked for hours and hours. Twice when that happened we said a prayer for help and guidance, and within like 10 minutes we ran into members of the Church who were graduate students there. These "angels" invited us into their homes, fed us, befriended us, and helped us find where we needed to be. Looking back, it is amazing to me how much our Heavenly Father helped us. Everywhere else we looked there were maybe one family who were members in the area. I think it is a miracle that we found somewhere that has so many member's and so many kids my childrens age. And we could totally afford it. And the elementary school is one of the best in the county. We are so excited. We also got to go to church, and the ward was amazing. We had people lining up to talk to us after sacrament meeting. Everyone was so excited we were there, and wanted to talk to us. We literally had 20-25 couples come up and introduce themselves. It was such a change from Utah. Anyway, it's official. We are moving to Bloomington, Indiana the first week of August. I am so excited because I know it is where we are supposed to be. We had many amazing experiences on our trip so I will write a longer post later about all that happened. The only time I felt sadness, was when I thought about the temple being 2 hours away. We have been spoiled here. I'm glad that I don't feel like I have taken it for granted, I know we have gone as much as we could. But I will really miss seeing the temple everyday. It will be a blessing though, we will actually have to make sacrifices to make it there every month, I hope our children will see that sacrifice and that it will help them to gain a testimony of how important the temple is. Anyway, I'm so excited to go there!!! I know it will be a great experience for our family!
4 comments:
I am so excited for you! I am sure it will be a wonderful experience for you and your family! Good luck. We will have to get together before you leave.
I'm glad you felt good about moving there! What a relief. Good Luck!
Yah! That is so exciting. It sounds perfect. I'm glad that things went well. I am hoping to come home this summer so we will for sure have to get together before you leave if I do.
We here in Bloomington are super excited to have you here! I'm glad we finally found a place for you that you felt good about. That will make the adjustment that much easier. And anytime you want to head to the temple and do a babysitting swap, think of us! We'd love to come!
Can't wait to see you in just a few months. By the way, your kids are ADORABLE!
Post a Comment