I loved conference this past weekend. It was so uplifting. I always love to hear the words of our prophets and apostles. I was pleased to see how well my kids listened and how much they picked up from the talks. It is hard for them to sit through 2 days of talks, so I was really proud of them for doing so well. One of my favorite talks was, of course, Pres. Monson. I have always recognized how much gratitude invites the spirit into my life and into my heart, it was such a good reminder to always focus on being grateful, even through hard times.
This may sound silly, but I was doing the dishes tonight and listening to one of my favorite old country songs on my ipod, "Living in a moment I would die for." My kids were laughing and dancing with their daddy, and I realized, again, how blessed I am. I really have everything I could ever want. I had the feeling again as I watched Gracie sit on Emma's lap tonight and hug and kiss her over and over while they both laughed. And since I am feeling sentimental about it today, I am going to take Pres. Monson's advice and express my gratitude.
I really don't want this to be a brag session, but I really am so happy. I love it here in Bloomington. Not that it is that much different from Utah, but we are so happy as a family, so that makes everything else blissful. I am so grateful for Chuck. He truly is my partner in all things. I love him so much. I can't believe I was so lucky to find someone who truly does complete me. And who makes me happier than I ever thought I could be. He is a faithful, amazing man who honor's me and his priesthood. I consistently thank my Heavenly Father that I have a husband who is free from the addictions and apathy that plague's so many of the marriages I have seen. Our marriage is better than it has ever been. I feel like we have learned to let go of all the small stuff, we have stopped criticizing, and nagging each other (which was a hard one for me to learn), we have come to appreciate so much what the other does for us and for the family, and we have really been blessed with Charity for one another.
I am also so grateful for my sweet little children. I have recently decided to take Cayden out of school and home school him full time. I am amazed at how easy this transition has been. I know that it is the right thing for us to do. It is a lot of hard work for me, but I love it. I love having them all home with me and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to teach and edify them everyday. I am grateful that their education is accompanied by the spirit, and they are learning of their Heavenly Father, even while we study Math and Science. I love that I am not just focusing on what they are learning, but on who they are becoming. It is a huge challenge for me, but I am grateful that I am learning so much, and becoming a better mother in the process. I have learned that sacrificing for our children brings so much joy, and love for them.
I am grateful for my extended family as well. I can't believe we have so many around us that love us and would be there if we ever needed anything. I know that if anything ever happened to Chuck and I that my kids would be taken care of. I know that if we were ever in trouble, we would never be out on the streets. And I know that there are people around the country praying for us daily. We are so grateful for all of the love and support we have, and we realize in today's world how rare it is.
I am so grateful for the gospel. For the temple, and that my family will be together forever. For the power of the priesthood, and what that power brings into my life. Most especially for the atonement, and a Savior who helps me everyday to be more than I am, and to do things beyond my capabilities. I would be nothing without the gospel and what it brings into my life. I can't imagine how anyone could get through this life without it. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and the guidance and spirit it brings into our home. I feel the love of the Lord so strongly in my life right now. I know he is watching over me, helping me, and at times carrying me through.
I am grateful that we have always had what we needed. We have been so blessed temporally, especially for being in school all this time. Somehow, things continue to work for our benefit, and we are always taken care of. This has been a huge blessing in our lives as we have struggled to balance work and school. Especially since I have chosen not to work. I am constantly amazed at the things that come together to make everything possible for us.
I am grateful for more things than I could write tonight. Sometime I feel so overwhelmed at the blessings God has given me. I know that I do not deserve them, but I hope that I can spend the rest of my life showing my gratitude by living worthy of what I have been given.
Star Trio
10 years ago



1 comment:
thank you so much for sharing all that amber. i enjoyed his talk too. it was a great reminder for me. i'm so glad that you guys are doing so well and that you are happy. you deserve it! love ya!
Post a Comment