Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

My beautiful mom is turning 50 today, but she doesn't look a day over 40. She is so beautiful and not just because of her looks. Here are 5 (in honor of turning 50) of the most beautiful things about my mom...
1. She is ALWAYS doing something for someone else. I don't think I ever talk to her and she's doing something for herself. She is either helping at American Heritage, doing stuff for sister's in her ward for her calling as Relief Society President, helping a friend, or helping one of her or Ron's kids.
2. She is always in tune with the Spirit to provide for the needs of others. I can't even say how many times Chuck and I have needed something and were praying for help, and she magically shows up with the thing we were praying for. For example, it turned out we had to rent a car to go to California and we did not have the money to pay for it. We went ahead and reserved the car, thinking the money was going to have to come out of our already small Christmas budget. We prayed that somehow we would come up with the $100 for it. The day we got to California my mom called and told me "I was thinking about you last night and I felt really inspired to put $100 in your account, so I went online last night and transfered the money to you." Stuff like this is always happening with her. Whethere it's money, food, clothes, or coats for the kids, she always seems to be the one who is answering our prayers for help.
3. She loves her Savior so much. When I listen to her talk about him, and bear her testimony of him it feels as if she is really talking about her best friend and brother. She knows him personally. Her testimony and love of the Savior has touched me so much. I hope that my children know, as I know, that their mother loved the Savior so much. I know that she will always do what is asked of her, she will always put him and his will before that of her own. This has been a huge blessing to me in my life, and has helped shape the testimony I have of him.
4. She is a wonderful mother. Mom has always been such a great example to me of Sacrifice. The more I see how hard it is to be a mother, and how much you have to scrifice for these little ones, the more I appreciate the sacrifices she made for us. I know things were hard in her marriage to my dad. I am in constant awe of how she was so good to us, even when she was struggling like that.
5. She is a great listener. I always feel bad after talking to her because I think I just talk about myself the whole time. She is great at making you feel safe and that you can talk to her. She is always there when I need to vent or need advice. She is always listening to me and is always there for me.

Mom, you are beautiful and wonderful in so many other ways, to many to write down in one post. I love you so much!!! Your amazing!!!

No comments: