Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

We had a wonderful Valentines Day. Chuck told me that his present to me was that he was going to stay home all day and do all the stuff around the house that I have been asking him to do forever and it never gets done cause he's always so busy. He only got about half of it done because the kids wanted to play with him all day too. We started a new tradition this year, on Valentines day we are going to go do sealings in the temple. What better way to celebrate our love than to go and ponder the covenants that we made and the blessings that we have been promised in the temple. We had a wonderful time and we are so grateful for the temple and the eternal blessings that we have because we have been sealed there. The temple took longer than we thought it would so instead of going out to eat we went to Bahio's and ate in the car on the way to the movie. Then we saw Definately Maybe. I know we are total nerds, and we should think of something more romantic to do on Valentines, but we really just like to go see movies. We never get to go because of the kids so when we get out that's always what we end up doing. I know were boring, but we just like to see movies. Anyway, Laura was watching the kids and she had them asleep when we got home, and I had asked her to have the choclate fondue all set up and ready for us. We had a wonderful time, and I just want to tell my husband how much I love him. Thank you Chuck for all you do for me, I am so glad that you are my Valentine. You are so wonderful to me and our kids, you have sacrificed so much for our family, and for the Lord. I love you.
Us at the temple
eating our food in the car
I had Laura put rosepedals all over our bed and floor, and light candles all over the room. It was so romantic.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun day! I love your breadspread, by-the-way! :)

Jamie said...

Above I meant bed-spread...comforter...whatever ya call it! :)

Lindsey P said...

what a great idea to go to the temple on valentines day! probably a way better way to celebrate then what a did... a lame party! you are a great example.

Jenny Lynn said...

that is so sweet- doing sealings on valentines day, what a great way to celebrate your love!

i love the valentines decorated bedroom!! how sweet of laura to watch your kids for you, what a nice sister!

Clarissa B. said...

aww how a sweet sister. that sounds like so much fun! and what a special tradition!