So the last couple of months Cayden has been really interested in the people bearing their testimony. Last month he asked if he could bear his. We told him he could only go up and bear his tesimony if he did it himself, with no help from mom and dad. He said he would, so he went up and bore his testimony. It was so cute. Anyway Yesterday he really wanted to do it again, but Chuck told him we cant go up every fast sunday, that we need to give other people a chance but that he could do it at home with the family. So last night after scriptures he wanted to bear his testimony. We just finished reading 1st Nephi so Cayden has learned a lot about Nephi and Laman and Lemuel. Anyway he stood up on the ottamon to bear his testimony and said. "I know my mommy and daddy love me, I love my mom and dad, and baby sister so much. I know Pres Hinckley was a prophet, and I know he is with Jesus now. I am thankful for the Book of Mormon, I am thankful for Nephi, but I am not thankful for Laman and Lemuel." Then he stopped for a minute and got this sad look on his face and said, "Oh no mom, I said a bad word." I told him that he didn't say a bad word and he said "Yes I did, I said NOT Thankful for, but mom I really am not thankful for them." We were laughing so hard. I guess it might be funnier to us than it is to anyone else. But I am so grateful that he is learning so much. That he is interested in the gospel, and that he loves Jesus so much. I am grateful for the spirit in our home, I know that he and Emma feel the spirit when we read the scriptures and pray, (well most the time.) I am grateful for a husband who honors his priesthood, and is an example everyday to Cayden of what a loving father and husband is. Anyway, I am always thinking that I should be doing better as a mother, I always feel I am coming up short somehow. But times like last night I realize that they are learning about the Gospel and our Savior, and they know that I love them, and maybe I am doing and Ok job afterall.
Star Trio
10 years ago



5 comments:
very cute! I just read through some of your older posts too...the archway that you textured and made look like blocks, that looks fantastic!
that is so cute!!! kids can be so intuitive and insightful! I love it! They are adorable. And so is you house, dang! I love it!
It's cousin Susie! Wow so nice to know you all have a blog. I will be checking in often. Your little guy is so cute. What a blessing to see his eagernesss at such a young age to start to unfold. Sounds like he has some pretty great parents that are raising him the way our Heavenly Father designed.
so precious! that is very sweet amber! your kids are adorable!
Such a sweet story...thanks for sharing...we miss you guys!
Post a Comment