Thursday, April 3, 2008

The baby leash? to do or not to do?

I remember before I had kids I would see people with leashes on their child and I would think that is was horrible. But now I am a parent and Cayden must have ADD or something cause he can not stand, or sit still. He is always all over the place. I can not tell you how many times I have lost him at a store. I turn for one second and he is gone. Angels have really watched over this kid. Last year we lost him at Seven Peaks. He took off in like a split second, it took us about 30 minutes to find him. I was sure he was either drowned or had been taken. After a prayer we had a feeling to check the parking lot. We found him wandering around looking for our car. He told us he was ready to go so he was going to the car to go home. Anyway, I would rather know he is safe than care that people are judging me for putting a leash on my kid. So I am wondering if anyone has one. What they think. Where they got it. And what people think is the best brand to get. I like the little backpack ones cause their cute and they don't look so much like a dog leash. So please let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I have one of these! It is a monkey and I got it form Wal-Mart for like $10 or something. I have yet to use it, but I am for sure planning on using it at DisneyLand this summer. I figure people can stare, but at least you know where your kid is!! :)

Whitney Jensen said...

Amber - I got one for River and it was a lifesaver last week at Disneyland. It was the Eddie Bauer one from target. I too think they're dorky, but tons of kids were wearing them at Disneyland, and moms kept coming up and asking me where I got it! Good Luck!
By the way, we're moving in this week, so we'll have you guys for dinner in a few weeks!

Jenny Lynn said...

I have the monkey one from Wal-Mart and Lacy actually loves it and weares it. I think its a great idea- I'd much rather have my kid on a leash than loose them, FOR SURE!

Faith said...

I personally think they are great. I have the same as the one you've posted (the monkey from wal-mart for about 10 bucks). She loves her friend the "monkey" and she asks me when is it her turn to hold his/her tail. I've gotten more comments on how wonderful it is rather than evil eye stares.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

These days, there is nothing wrong with trying to keep our kids safe. i bought one like the picture you have...just at Walmart. they are cute and usually the kids dont mind wearing them.....unless you are Savannah. Caden may hate it and refuse to wear it, but you could at least try it...its worth it for sure!

Amy said...

LEASH him! I had a leash when I was a kid. It was a harness thing because I used to run away from my mom at the mall and hide in the racks of clothes. I also used to go to all the neighbors houses on our block begging for candy. So my mom took my harness and attached a rope and tied it to the tree in the front yard. And I have no emotional damage. I think she was smart. Don't take a chance with my Cayden. Leash him up.