Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conference

I just want to take a minute to say how grateful I am for a later day prophet. I was overcome with the spirit when we sustained Pres Monson, I am so grateful that we have a living prophet on the earth today and I am so grateful that I have had a witness that he truly is the Lord's servant. After Pres. Monson spoke on Sunday Morning I turned to Chuck and said "He is different, you can tell that the mantle has fallen on him." I think it was elder Holland who echoed my thoughts when he said that we have all been eyewitnesses to the settling of the sacred mantle of Prophet on Pres. Monson's shoulders. That was such a beautiful statement that so eloquently stated what I had been feeling. I am recording the following for journaling reasons, you are welcome to read it but it will be long winded so don't feel like you have to read it all. I had a couple of favorite talks, that have really provided some answers for me in some things I have been praying about. I loved Elder Rasband, of the seventy, his talk was on Saturday morning. He talked about how we are given special experiances to strengthen our own testimonies. and that through these experiances we will have an icrease in faith, and that the Lord will reveal himself to us in our trials. I have really found that to be true, I felt an increas of gratitude for my trials, because they have helped me to know my Father in Heaven better. I loved Elder Scott's talk on Saturday Afternoon about overcoming abuse. I also really liked Elder Christofferson's talk on Sunday Morning about spiritual rebirth I have been pondering a lot lately about sanctification and purifying myself of all ungodliness, this talk helped me understand a few key thing that now seem a lot clearer to me. I loved Sister Tanner's talk on Delighting in the things of the Lord. It's funny but I read that scripture in Nephi about a month ago and ever since then I have been thinking about that, her talk was so beautiful. Of coarse I loved hearing Pres. Monson speak and feel the spirit of his message, and of who he is. I think my favorite talk was Elder Bednar on Sunday Afternoon. He talked about meaningful prayers. A meaningful prayer will not just be to plead and ask but to perform and do. If we truly do have faith that God answers our prayers it will lead us to action. I have a specific thing in my life taht I have really been praying for, it has been a huge trial for me and I realized while listening to this talk that My faith needs to inpire me to action. There are things that I can do to help the Lord answer my pleadings. I think I have been just sitting around waiting for him to fix it, when really there are things that are required of me to have this blessing in my life. He also taught that we need to perservere through the trial of our faith. Remember Faith preceded the miracle. This particular thing that I have been praying for is something that I have been promised in a blessing, so I know it is the lords will that I recieve it. I just realized that things don't always come when we want them to. That we need to keep having faith, and acting upon that faith, even when we don't see imediate relief. It will come, but sometimes only after the trial of that faith. I can really see that this is the process I have been going through. I feel so uplifted and posotive about the future. I feel grateful to my Heavenly Father for his tender mercies, and the answers that I have recieved in Conference, through his apostles on the earth today. I hope everyone else enjoyed conference and felt the spirit that I did.

No comments: