Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Camping!!!

This last weekend we went camping with our friends the Bradleys. It was honestly one of the funnest trips I have been on in a long time. We got up there Friday afternoon and set up camp and had lunch. We rode the four wheeler and dirt bike and found some really cool pictorgraphs. Then we found this awesome cave, the kids loved playing in it. Saturday we hiked up the canyon that we were camping in. I was so impressed with how well the kids did. They made it all the way to the top of the canyon, I never once heard complaining. Then we took the four wheelers to the swinging bridge. It was so fun, we just hung out, explored and relaxed and played. The kids had so much fun, they loved exploring the canyon. We were going to stay until Sunday morning, but a huge wind storm came that was blowing our tents over, so we packed up Saturday night and came home. I was so proud of Cayden and some of the things that he was able to climb.
This is the canyon we camped in. The rock formation in the middle is the one in the story at the end
The cave, the kids thought it was so cool. But Riley kept asking if there were bears in the cave.

Buried alive



Pictographs, don't they look like Angels. There was a huge curved canyon with pictographs spanning the length of the canyon. It was really cool.



I thought this was such a cool picture

Chuck and Chris. I swear they are like little boys sometimes. Chris spent the entire time trying to catch lizards, it was so funny.

Chris, Aimee, Riley and Avery
My little rock climber




We told Cayden to hold up the rock, he must have been pushing pretty hard, look at how funny his face is, he is taking this seriously

On our hike, the guys had to carry the babies most of the time, except when Emma got stubborn and insited on walking

Riley trying to kiss Cayden, Cayden resisting.


OK so this is the scary story for you. There was this huge rock formation in the middle of the canyon we were camping in. Chuck said he thought that he and Cayden could climb it, I told him I would kill him if he took my son up that 200 foot rock. So they went on a dirt bike ride, and about 10 minutes later I look over and they are scaling this mountain. At this point they were only about 20 feet up I thought that they would stop there, so I got my camera and yelled to Chuck to bring him down now.
Then they take off up the rock formation, At this point I was freaking out and yelling for Chuck to bring him down right now. It was so scary, I was terrified that Cayden was going to fall.
This is them about 150 feet up. That tiny white dot is Chucks shirt and he is holding Cayden. Isn't that so scary, now that Cayden is OK I am actually really proud of him, but I never want Chuck to do that again. I was seriously so mad at him.
So I've always said that Cayden could climb anything and now I guess he proved me right.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

wow, looks like such a fun trip!!!

Trent and Kristi said...

how fun! can't wait for our camping trip too! I would have been so mad at Trent for doing something like that too - but it is amazing that they made it! Boys will be boys!

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Oh my gosh!! I would have been mad too! Haha. Chuck, thanks for your comment(s) on my blog, I appreciate them. And I finally added you guys to my list. I've been meaning to do that forever! Now we can be blog friends. :)

Robyn said...

Where was this? It looks so fun!