We had a wonderful Fathers Day. Chuck woke up and the kids gave him their presents, Cayden and Emma got him an arm band for his ipod for running, and new ear phones that go all the way around your ear so they wont fall off when he is running. He is trianing to run the St George marathon this year so he really wanted this stuff. He just found out last month that he got his number. I got him the book on CD of "The Holy Secret" by James L. Ferrel. We loved "The Feace Giver" so I think he will really like it. He never has time to read so he loves to get books on CD that he can listen to on the way to lab in the morning. Then the kids did a program for Dad that they had prepred, they sang him a couple of daddy songs and then Emma counted to 10 and Cayden did the first 3 Articles of Faith that he has memorized. After our stuff we went to Mom and Rons for Breakfast, so that we could see Ron. We gave him a fun book, "The dangerous book for Boys" He loved it. Then after church had a special dinner for Chuck, and then we went to my dads for dessert. We gave dad a framed picture of me and all my sisters for his office. We had such a wonderful Fathers day. I am so grateful for Chuck who is the best father that I could ask for for my children. He is always so kind, loving, patient, and fun with them. They adore him and love to spend time with him. I am grateful for Ron who has always been such a strength to me. Even though he is not my real father, he has always treated me like his daughter. He is such an example to me of service and love. I truly love him like he was my own. He has done so much for us. I am grateful for my dad who has always believed in me and told me that I could do anything. I am grateful for Chuck's father Bill, who has always made me feel welcome and loved. He has also done so much to help us. He is a great grandfather and my kids love him so much. I am especially grateful for my Heavenly Father, who has blessed me with so much, including wonderful father's all around me who have loved me and my children.
Chuck and the kids

Cayden and Emma doing their program

Cayden and Emma with Grandpa Ron

Mom and her girls, Emma and Savanah, they are her only granddaughters
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a nice day...I love that last pic of your mom and Emma and Savannah...so cute :)
You have a bunch of awesome Fathers in your life- how lucky! Your kids are lucky too to have such a great dad.
i love that pic of your mom with your little girl and Laura's little one... So cute. How is Bonnie doing anyway? Wow, I haven't seen her in years! Tell her hello for me.
Hi, You probably don't know me, but I was one of Chuck's friends from a long, long time ago. Anyways, just found you guys. You have a beautiful family. Say hi! to Chuck for me, if he doesn't read these.
Meggin Rogers Newman
Post a Comment