Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Bad Luck!!!

I am planning Chucks family reunion next week and I have been crazy busy with all of the stuff I have to do to get ready for it. So just with my luck I started having really bad pain in my tooth on Monday. I went to the dentist on tuesday to have it looked at. Can I just say that I hate the dentist, I hate the needles and especially the sound of the drill, drilling out my teeth. It is very disconserting to look up at your dentist and see blood splattered all over his face mask and covering his gloves. Anyway somehow a cavity had gotten under my crown, he had to take the crown off, and we thought he was just going to have to get the cavity and replace the crown. I was stessing that a new crown would cost about $300, and we are on a tight budget right now, we can barely afford this family reunion. He kept drilling and drilling and drilling, finally he told me that the cavity had taken over the whole tooth, and there was a crack down the middle of the tooth. The genious who put in my post when I got the crown had cracked my tooth, thus causing the whole problem in the first place. He said he couldn't save my tooth and that we were going to have to pull it. He pulled and pulled and my tooth wouldn't come out, he had to cut back my gums to get a better grip. When the tooth finally came, I heard the dentist say "Oh wow, I've never seen that before" That is not fun to hear your dentist say. I guess my tooth had fused to my jaw bone and when he pulled it a chunk of my bone came out with it. YEY!!! He said that it would probly hurt worse than when I got my wisdom teeth out. Oh Joy!!! Then to make matters worse, I had an illergic reaction to my medication, and it made me so sick on Wednesday, I thought I was going to die. Anyway, now I am finally on the right antibiotic, but I am not taking pain medicine cause it makes me sick. But look on the bright side, I only have to pay $2400 to get an implant. Really I am OK, I know that somehow things will work out, they always do.

7 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

I seriously just threw up in my mouth a little bit... I am so sorry, that totally stinks. The dentist makes me weezy just thinking about it. I should have stopped reading as soon as i learned you were talking about the dentist. I think I need to go lay down, lol!

Danielle, JK, Kendon & Boston said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry Amber! I heard you talking about how your tooth hurt at Davey's party. That is crazy what you had to go through! Let me know if you need anything. I just live a few minutes from you now remember! :)

Trent and Kristi said...

Oh no! I am sooooooo sorry! That is awful! I hope you are feeling better soon - and can make the family reunion you've worked so hard to put on! Hang in there!

Jamie said...

AMBER! oh my goodness! i feel so bad for you! i was relaying your story to kody tonight while we were in the car and he about died. is there anything we can do for you? dinner maybe? watch the kids for an afternoon or evening? please let me know, i'd be so happy to do anything for you! hang in there...love ya!

Amy said...

Stop telling me this story. I guess I didn't have to hear it again once I started reading this post but it's like a train wreck...I can't look away or stop reading. The other night, I was literally sick to my stomache when you told me and now I am again. My biggest phobia is the dentist and your story is why I put off going as long as possible. I am so sorry. I need an implant too. Maybe we can get a group discount. I love you and I'm so sorry you had this happen. I would have run out of there after biting the dentist. I have bitten three dentists.

Bams said...

Oh my gosh! Amber this sounds worse than anything I have been through in my entire life! I am so sorry that you have to deal with that!

Beth said...

Wow!!! I am so dang sorry!!! I hate mouth things! I hope you are feeling ok!