Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mommy and Daddy Dates

On our dates for this month we had such a geat time. I got Emma again this time cause Chuck really wanted to take Cayden camping. I sent a camera with them, but somehow Chuck forgot to take any pictures. They had a great time though. They went up to our favorite spot at Silver Lake and Chuck taught Cayden to set up a tent and how to build a campfire, they chopped wood and everything (Which Cayden loved). They they went hiking and hung out and roasted hotdogs around the campfire. After dinner they accidentally got poison ivy on them when they went to the bathroom, so after washing up Cayden was cold and he wanted to eat his marshmellows in the tent. They layed in the tent and ate marshmellows and finished reading "The Wizard of Oz" which is the latest book I have been reading to Cayden before bed each night. In the morning they went fishing and hiking and took down camp. Cayden had such a great time with his daddy and it is still his favorite thing he has done all summer. They are going to make it an annual boys camping trip.


Me and Emma had a great time as well. We got pedicures and manicures and I did a makeover on Emma. She was so excited to get makeup on, it was really only a little bit of blush and lipstick, but she thought she was so beautiful. Then we went and played at the park and got ice cream cones. We had a sleepover in my bed that night and she was so excited to get to sleep with mommy. I had more plans for us the next morning but my Grandpa had a heart attack and my grandma needed me to pick her up and take her to the hospital so she could be with him, so our morning was spent helping them. But she was still happy to be with me. I love to just spend time with Emma and not have a ton planned cause she will just talk and talk and talk, we have the best converstaions.

No comments: