Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's Finally Done

I have been working on Emma's room for like 3 months and it is finally done. I ordered her dresser over 10 weeks ago and it finally came this week. I wanted it to be kind of an old fashioned countryish feel, and I am so happy with how it turned out.
I had this quilt that I loved but I couldn't find a duvet cover that matched it so my friend Jessica made this duvet cover and pillows to match the quilt, she did such a wonderful job, and I am so happy with it. Her bed has a trundle underneath so if we have another girl in this house they can share.

Chuck did the bead board and then we painted the top pink and stenciled random roses on the wall. I painted the letters of her name to match her bedding.

Her dresser that took forever to get here. I love it. I included the side picture to show the cute bead board on the sides of the dresser.

I am so glad that it is finally done, now my house is officially finished. I'm sure by next week I will think of another project to do. I always like to be working on something.

3 comments:

Court and Brade said...

I know, this is some crazy weather out here.. seriously! I wanted to see a tornado, but I don't want to anymore! the other day was a little too scary and close to home for me! Emma's room is adorable! I think it definitely has the "feel" you were going for. Good job! And, I agree, the bead board on the side of the dresser is so cute! the dresser is beautiful! What a lucky little girl! Hey what is your email address? I accidently erased your comment that had your address in it. I want to email you to catch up. This time i won't erase it.. and I won't publish it on my blog :)

Amy Lawson said...

Her room is adorable. I can't wait to start decorating in my own home. I love the country feel with the pinks and white. You did an amazing job.

Jamie said...

love it, love it! :)