Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The faith of a child

Tonight for family scripture study we read about Jesus' second coming. You always hope that the kids will listen, but lately Cayden has been paying more and more attention and I am sometimes surprised by what he remembers. Tonight after family scripture and prayer I took Cayden in to go to bed. During his personal prayers he said the cutest thing. "Please bless me to see what you and Jesus look like, when Jesus comes again. Please bless me to see what Nephi looks like too. And please bless me to feel your love and Jesus' love for me. Please send down angels from heaven to help me go to sleep and to keep me safe. I love you and Jesus so much." It was the cutest thing ever. I seriously got teary eyed. I love how much faith our litte children have. To them it is so simple, and they love Jesus so much. I am surprised everyday by how much he is learning and how much he loves to learn about the gospel. It seems that when I start talking about Jesus and Gospel principles the kids just eat it up. I really think that their little spirits recognize truth and they are drawn to it. They pray for angels and they have no reason to believe that Jesus won't send them to help, we should have that much faith.

No comments: