My kids love hiking, and they have been begging me for a week to go. They have also been asking to play with my step sister Amber's kids Brock and Cort, so I thought I would pull a double header and accomplish two things at once. Amber said the boys would love to go, so off we went, me and four little kids, hiking in the wilderness. Well little did I know that it was going to be about a million degrees outside. So there I was, hiking up a very steep hill, holding Emma, because she decided she didn't want to walk anymore, with sweat dripping from every part of my body, I had to keep reminding myself that this was suppost to be fun. I actually love hiking, but having to carry a two year old half way up the mountain kind of makes it less enjoyable. Can I just say again, IT WAS SO HOT!!! Anyway, I really did have fun, and the boys did great, they didn't complain once. After the hike we went to the park and played, the boys didn't understand why I wouldn't let them jump off the top of the playground. The kids didn't seem to notice the heat, nor did they seem to be sweating, so I guess the outing was a great success, they had fun and that is what's important.
Emma, Cort, Cayden and Brock

Throwing rocks into the river

2 comments:
You are a brave woman. You went into the wilderness, with 4 kids, in the heat, with no idea of how they would do. What would you have done had they decided to sit down and refused to go any further unless you gave them candy? What about if you encountered a mountain lion? And then you had to defend them? And then the lion ate you? And then it was full so it wouldn't have to eat the kids which is good, but then they would have had to find their way out of the wildnerness and that never ends up good. That probably wouldn't happen but you are still brave.
Wow, you are my hero... you will probably have more kids than me. I can barely handle the Mall with my two kids, let alone a hike in the great outdoors! You rock girl!
Post a Comment