Sunday, March 14, 2010

Worst weekend ever!!!

We have all had the worst weekend ever. My PCOS has been getting really bad again so I have to go back on medication for it. I can't nurse Gracie while I'm on the meds so I decided to ween her this weekend so I could start them on Monday. So Grace is allergic to milk and I haven't been able to have any milk for a couple of months cause it would make her sick. So I woke up Saturday morning so excited to have real milk in my oatmeal instead of Almond milk (which I actually love.) Right after I had my breakfast with milk she started pulling on her ears and crying. Emma had started getting a sore throat Friday night so we packed up the kids and took them to the urgent care. Turns out Emma has strep throat, and Gracie has an ear infection. But at this point I had already had milk, so I knew if I fed her she would just get sicker, cause she gets so sick when she has milk. I feel so bad for her, I had to ween her while she was in pain with an ear infection, plus she started having a runny nose and I think she also started teething cause she is getting all slobbery and chewing on everything. I feel so bad for her. I feel like the worst mom ever. She just keeps looking at me like "Why are you doing this to me?" And after two days, she is still not wanting to take the bottle. She will take maybe 2 oz every 5 or 6 hours, but is really mad at us about it. This morning Chuck woke up sick and now he has strep throat as well. Then Emma re injured her toe by running into the baseboards. And to top it all off, My boobs are hurting so bad, I can't even hold Grace without excruciating pain. I forgot how bad it hurts to dry up. Anyway, I think this is my worst weekend of the year so far. Hopefully Grace will start taking a bottle soon and we will all feel better this next week.

2 comments:

Michelle Tolboe said...

I'm so sorry!! I hate that everything has to happen all at once! Have you ever tried cabbage leaves on your boobs while weening? I tried it with Cade, it helped a little. You just buy a head of cabbage and put one whole section of it on. It's supposed to help soothe your ducts. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!

Amy said...

dude...seriously...this sucks for you. here's the thing though. you are amazing and as you often tell me...sometimes it's better to have a bunch of bad stuff all happen together because then it doesn't seem so bad for so long. i bet by now even, things are starting to get better. love you tons and tons and tons. praying for you.