Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Miracles!!!

I seriously feel so blessed right now. I have experianced a couple of miracles in my life, Emma being the greatest. Today I recieved one more. Most of those who know me know that I have been diagnosed with PCOS, it is a horrible disease and has many side effects, the worst of which is infertility. I have struggled with this since Cayden was born, so a little over four years. Six months ago I got a bunch of lab work done. My body was so screwed up, I had inulin resistance, low thyroid, hypoglycemic, not ovulating, that is just to name a few. Anyway I was feeling really sick for a while and it has been a hard couple of years. A couple of months ago I was given a blessing that told me that I would be healed, I felt the spirit so strong, it was a wonderful experiance. I had so much faith in this blessing, but was careful not to put a time frame on it because we all know that sometimes the Lord's timing is different than our own. A couple of weeks ago I had this nagging feeling that I needed to go get my lab work done again. I scheduled an appointment with the docter and I convinced him to do it all. The docter called back today and... all of my results came back completely normal. I couldn't believe it. NO insulin resistance, NO low thyroid. All of my hormone levels had returned to normal as well. The docter told me that the fertility stuff could still be a problem, but that with these other problems out of the way it would be a lot easier to deal with. I feel so grateful. I am crying as I type this, I just can't believe that so much got better so fast. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me, and who has not forgoten me. I am grateful for a Savior who has walked with me, and carried this burden. I have so much faith that if it is the Lords will I will be able to have another baby. I feel so unworthy of the blessings I have been given in this life. I am so grateful for the experiances I have been given and for the miracles that have been wrought on my behalf. Thank you to all of my family and friends who have kept me in their thoughts and prayers, for the constant love, support and help you have given during the expecially hard times. I am just bursting with Joy right now, I don't know what else to say.

14 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

That is such great news! I am so glad to hear that everything is slowly getting better. We are so lucky to have the knowledge of the gospel and all the wonderful blessings that comes with it! Your faith is inspiring. I cannot wait to spend a few days with you! See ya tomorrow!

Tukuafu's said...

You are such a faithful girl! I am sorry to hear of your struggles, but so happy that everything came back normal. You are a true example of FAITH!

Clarissa B. said...

aww amber!!! Im am SO happy for you!! you deserve it, dont feel unworthy, you ARE! Im SO happy for you! (I know I said that twice but i really am!) You deserve this!

Clarissa B. said...

aww amber!!! Im am SO happy for you!! you deserve it, dont feel unworthy, you ARE! Im SO happy for you! (I know I said that twice but i really am!) You deserve this!

Charmaine said...

I'm so happy to hear that Amber!

Beth said...

So happy for you. Such a belssing.

Sara Marie said...

Hi Amber, We dont know each other, I used to be friends with your husband way back in the day. I randomly came across your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend, you know how that goes, a few months ago. I thought about leaving a comment when I first came across your blog a while ago but I wasn’t sure if Chuck would remember me (it had been so long) and you might think I was crazy or something. Haha Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. You and Chuck have a beautiful family. By the posts you put on your blog I can truly tell you are an amazing, faithful girl. I am so glad to see Chuck found such an amazing girl!

~Sara Haycock

Jamie said...

glad to hear things are going better for you, love you.

Trent and Kristi said...

wow - that is GREAT!!!! I hope things continue to go better with your health - I can't imagine how frustrating & hard it has been for you!

Kendra said...

We are still living in the day of miracles. What a beautiful answer to prayer.

Court and Brade said...

Amazing, what a BLESSING! I am so happy for you that things are going better :) XO XO

Trent and Kristi said...

Amber, you are such an amazing person. I marvel at your faith and dedication to stay true. Heavenly Father absolutely is ready and willing to bless all of his children, it comes down to our willingness to ask in faith. You deserve this blessing, he loves you, we love you, and will continue to pray for your next child and continuous health. With love, Trent

Amy Lawson said...

Thank you for sharing your story, it gives me hope. I was diagnosed with PCOS over 8 years ago and have had cysts on my ovaries since I was 13. I have never thought about not being able to get pregnant until I got married and now worry about it constantly. I am working through low hyroid problems now and are finally finding my levels near normal, it is just reasuring to know others that have PCOS that still have children. Thank you again. Your faith has given me hope.

Court and Brade said...

Yes, i know, i am sorry i didn't call... :( my in-laws were in town and we hadn't seen them since April...so they kinda took presendence!! ha ah but i would LOVE to get together with you guys sometime! seriously. We have a really busy september with tanner's fiance going through the temple the 6th, the wedding the 13th, and then the open house in IF the 20th.. BUSY BUSY! But after that, next time we are down, i would LOVE to see you k!!! it would be awesome. i think the last time was the summer you moved to rexburg