Thursday, June 10, 2010

The anatomy of a swing!

Cayden started T-ball this week. He was so cute in his uniform. He was good at soccer, but wasn't really the best or the worst on the team. He was pretty average. But he really is so good at baseball. He has some really natural talent. Chuck's family is really in to baseball, especially Bill, Chuck's dad. So they would all love it if Cayden played. That is always what his uncles practice with him when they come over and play with him.

Cayden, waiting to go to bat!

Cayden and Taytin, they have been best buds since we moved here 4 years ago.

Cayden was the only kid who had the correct bating stance, probably cause his grandpa and uncles keep drilling it into him. I loved looking at these pictures later cause it just shows how serious Cayden is about this. His first hit he popped over all the kids into the outfield. After that whenever Cayden came up to bat the other coach would say "K kids this is their Heavy hitter, everyone move out." Chuck and I were so proud that the coach called him the "Heavy Hitter." Funny, the silly things that make us swell with pride for our kids! Anyway I had to put in the progression of his hit, I love his facial expressions.

We are very serious about this. Get into the correct stance.
Start the swing
Hard as you can!
Keep your eye on the ball!
Smack!
Yeah, I did it!
I am so excited to see him grow and progress this season!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

he looks so cute and determined swinging that bat! i love seeing chuck sitting behind him in the pictures. he looks like one proud daddy!