Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Soccer wrapup

Cayden had a great time playing soccer this spring. Chuck was his soccer coach again, and loved getting this special time with Cayden. It was amazing how much his entire team had improved since last fall. I think the boys all had growth spurts and got a lot more coordinated. Their team did awesome and won every game except their last. I think they were so excited to get their trophy's that they didn't all try their best in the last game. I know in kids sports you aren't supposed to keep score. But I always keep score and tell Cayden if they won or lost. None of this we are all winners stuff! I'm never negative about it when they loose, but I think it's important for him to realize that in the real world there is a winner and a looser. And as long as we try our best it's OK to loose, cause that is life and sometimes he will loose! I know I'm a bad horrible mom, at least that is what the sports director people would tell me. But you know what, he loves to win, and doesn't get upset when they loose as long as he know he did his best.

Cayden did great this season and scored one or two goals in every game except their last game. I was really impressed with how much better endurance he had. At the beginning of the season last fall he would get tired after playing for 5 minutes and would need a break, but this spring he could play the entire 1 hour game and not get tired. There were a couple of times that they only had 4 players show up and they all had to play the entire game, I was so impressed that they could all play the whole time without a break. And we still won those games!

Here is Cayden at the beginning of the season, I miss his long hair. This is the game that it started hailing. I ran to the car with the girls, but the boys just kept on playing. I was so proud of them to play through the hail.
End of season, short summer hair.
Some action shots
This one was at practice before the game, someone's older brother was playing with them. Cayden totally stole the ball from the older boy, and took it to the goal for a score.
Emma loved coming to the games too.
She would always cheer Cayden on!
At least when she wasn't chatting with these girls. They had brother's on the team as well and they all loved to chat and play during the games.
I loved to talk to this lady. Kendra is my neighbor and we put Cayden and Ethan on the same team. It was fun to have someone to chat with during games. She is just as vocal as I am at the games, so we were both yelling and cheering the whole time. Her baby Wesley is so cute and chubby!
Cayden's team
Getting his award from Coach (aka dad)
Cayden and his trophy! He loves it, he even slept with it a few nights!
I am so proud of how hard Cayden worked. I think he learned about team work, endurance, practice, working hard, and pushing yourself. He did great! Now t-ball practice starts today, and I can't wait to go to his first game next week!

No comments: