So I was humbled by my daughter today. I have been really stressed with moving and had a lot on my plate lately. Plus the day before our move I started my period so I have been cramping and moody for the past 3 days. Any way those are my excuses, even though there really isn't any excuse for treating my kids badly. I have been really snappy with them the past week, it seems whenever I am really stressed and busy I get really snappy. Well This morning we were late for church because the kids kept ignoring me and weren't doing what I was asking them to do so I was really frustrated. On the way to church I was lecturing the kids about obeying mom and I wasn't talking very lovingly. In the sweetest little voice ever Emma says, "Excuse me mommy." I said, "What Emma." And my sweet little four year old says "Mom, you are always telling us that you are trying so hard to be a good mommy, and that you need Jesus to help you everyday. Well, you are kind of throwing a fit, and I think you need Jesus to help you right now." I first started laughing, and then felt so humbled that my daughter would recognize that I needed Jesus' help when I wasn't even recognizing it. I love the faith of children, it is so simple to them. I instatly prayed for forgiveness for not treating my kids as I should, and asked that my Savior would help me to be more patient and more loving. I am always telling Cayden that he needs to ask the Savior to help him control his temper. I have promised him so many times that if he will pray for this daily, that he will be strengthened and will have help from Jesus. Well maybe I need to take my own advice and pray that I can control my temper with my kids. I have tried so hard to help my kids understand how to apply the atonement in their lives, as part of their lives daily. Not just as some abstract concept. I try to help them understand that we are not only forgiven of our sins through the atonement, but that we can be strengthened, lifted and carried. That we can truly be more than we are. I know that when I don't have the spirit with me I feel like I am nothing. I'm not a good mom, friend, wife or anything when I don't have the spirit. But the times that I am walking side by side with the Savior and I have the Spirit as my companion I feel like I am truly made to be more than I am. It's really humbling to realize that I suck on my own. And it's really humbling to have my four year old remind me of this. How grateful I am that she would think of this though, and lovingly remind me that I need Jesus, just as I remind her everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment