Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moving Day!!!

OK! Today is the day! We are moving out of our house. We are moving into my moms for 6 weeks before we go to Bloomington so we can rent our house out. We found the best renters, but needed to be out by June 20, so we are going back to mom's house. How wonderful, I am 27 and living with my mom again! My family is actually already in Hawaii, and we meet them there in 2 weeks for a week and a half, then we only have 4 weeks before we move when we will all be here, so hopefully it wont be that bad. I am having mixed emotions about moving. Surprisingly I am not sad at all about leaving my house. I have been so grateful for our home and really enjoyed living there. But it is just a house, it's just stuff, my home is where my family is.

But I am really going to miss our ward and my friends. One of my best friends and neighbor Kendra moved to Texas on Monday, I will really miss her a lot, but she is already gone too. Aimee is my best friend and I am so so so sad to not live by her anymore. Seriously, you really find out who your friends are in times like this. People who I would have thought would at least offer to help a little, have not helped at all. But Aimee has been my saving grace. I am so grateful for her right now. Chuck has been so busy finishing his dissertation that he couldn't take any time off to help me pack up the house, so I was gonna have to do it all by myself. Aimee has come over every day for 2 weeks and helped me get ready. And this week she has litteraly been at my house all day, everyday helping me. Her baby is freaking out and so is mine, but she was still there every morning, ready to help, without being asked.

I am seriously so grateful for friends like this in my life. I don't know what I would do without her. She has been such an example of service to me. She is always there ready to help whenever I need anything, without me ever needing to ask her. She has cooked, cleaned, babysat, given advice, cried with me, laughed with me, and always loved me. I am really, really going to miss her. But I know that we will be friends forever!

Well my kids are awake so it is time for me to head down to our house and pack up the truck! Wish us luck. Next time I post I will officially be homeless!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

good luck with everything amber! how lucky are you to have such an amazing friend?! i'm excited for you guys and your upcoming adventure!

LauraBro said...

Aimee is such a good friend to you-I'm grateful for that! (esp.since I couldn't be there in UT to help)
We can't wait to see you on Monday!! we changed Davey's bday party to tuesday so we could be stressless at the water park--Davey can't wait to see his cousins-I'm sad they won't see each other much anymore. hope moving went okay. are you selling/leaving behind any dresser type things?

Amy said...

Just in the few times I have met Aimee, it has been obvious as to her awesomeness! I love true friends but you must realize my dear that you are that type of friend, sister, daughter to all of us lucky enough to call you ours. Hope all the moving goes smoothly over the next couple of months. Love you!